• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hayden calls Harbhajan an obnoxious weed

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
no, but my parents are. Anyway, Hayden has not done anything other than state his opinion, as previously said, you cannot be sued for saying something like "his hair style is horrible", or in terms of this case, calling someone a weed is not detrimental to their character. If Hayden had accused Harb of being corrupt, that would be a different story altogether. Or accused him of a crime etc... Those indeed would be grounds upon which he could be sued. But have you ever heard of someone suing someone else because they said they didnt like them? Me neither.
My brother is a lawyer and he says a case can be made on his full comments where he says
things about bhajji being irresponsible and a troublemaker.
It can be implied that he is due to this tarnishing his reputation and causing phyical and financial harm but it will be tough to prove.
One thing is for sure that the case will be admitted and tried and that is what i was implying has to be done to teach hayden a lesson.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
My brother is a lawyer and he says a case can be made on his full comments where he says
things about bhajji being irresponsible and a troublemaker.
It can be implied that he is due to this tarnishing his reputation and causing phyical and financial harm but it will be tough to prove.
One thing is for sure that the case will be admitted and tried and that is what i was implying has to be done to teach hayden a lesson.
no, thats obviously not the case here. You are fooling yourself if you think this will go to court.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Big ugly bold ape (Am I right?) calls Harbhajan a "obnoxious weed". Can't disagree though. But this bully needs a ban with his mate Symonds for boorish behavior. I'd first shoot the three SL life gaurds that pulled these two out in a near drowning experiance in southers SL few years back. They should have let these two pieces of sh*t drown.
Haha whoa, steady on.
Thought it was fairly obviously in jest to an extent TBH. Though cringe at the filter-avoidance naturally.
Good stuff. Hayden speaks the truth and adds some more fire to the series.

I think the Australians generally get along with the Indian team pretty well. I'd say a majority of them can have a good chat and laugh after a game. Harbhajan seems to be an exception to this though. And given some of the things he's done lately, you can't blame the Australians for hating him.
In your opinion, in the history of Australian cricket, has any Australian ever done anything wrong? 8-)
Agree wholeheartedly - sst, I regret to say that your comment on the issue was as predictable as a donkey's clong.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I am not saying this will go to court.
What i am saying is that it should and could if India wants to take the psychological war to the next level.
But a better way would be to press the ca into implementing it's code or The ICC to take action.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
it cannot go to court, there are no grounds for it whatsoever. The only possible disciplinary action is something imposed by a cricketing body, not the courts.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
it cannot go to court, there are no grounds for it whatsoever. The only possible disciplinary action is something imposed by a cricketing body, not the courts.
It can go to court ,if harbhajan and the BCCI wants it to.
Why can it not go to court?What will be the outcome is a different issue.

adharcric

International Coach
Big ugly bold ape (Am I right?) calls Harbhajan a "obnoxious weed". Can't disagree though. But this bully needs a ban with his mate Symonds for boorish behavior. I'd first shoot the three SL life gaurds that pulled these two out in a near drowning experiance in southers SL few years back. They should have let these two pieces of sh*t drown.
:laugh:

Langeveldt

Soutie
haha. Yeah Hayden's comments were probably uncalled for, but if you are going to call anybody in cricket "obnoxious", you can't do much worse than the poor excuse for a human being that is Harbhajan Singh.. Go a year without getting banned ffs..

jeevan

International 12th Man
Not to be lost among other aspects of this episode, is that Harbhajan is in Australia at the invitation of CA, Hayden's direct employer. So Hayden is hosting Harbhajan, so to speak.

Good manners you got there Mr Hayden. To invite someone over and then spit on them.

Swervy

International Captain
Not to be lost among other aspects of this episode, is that Harbhajan is in Australia at the invitation of CA, Hayden's direct employer. So Hayden is hosting Harbhajan, so to speak.

Good manners you got there Mr Hayden. To invite someone over and then spit on them.

thats one way of looking at it...I guess:blink:

jeevan

International 12th Man
Harbhajan's foibles?

Curious if someone has a list of them. Clearly he's a hot head, but other than with Symonds and the Australians - which are other teams has he gotten into really bad blood with?

Some Australian players, especially Symonds, are such mal-intentioned rabble rousers that I would myself simply discount all incidents involving Symonds for e.g from judging any body.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Hayden said he had repeatedly told Sharma to settle down and yesterday said he would like to meet the bowler in a boxing ring. - Herald Sun

Don't know whether he said it and it is a case of poor reporting though as the newspaper doesn't quote him as saying it

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
it's like watching a bunch of girls.. Throwing punches is why guys are better than girls
Agreed. This is ridiculous stuff. You don't like what someone said? Smash their face in and let's have some entertainment. Either start a fight which will cause people to actually do something about the talk, or shut the hell up.