• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Obuya signs for Waricks

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I forgot about this - personally I'd like to see how he goes - IF he's a success, then maybe we could see Kenya at Test level real soon?

Cloete

International Captain
yeah should be good. but will he play ahead of giles?? or will waricks play 2 spinners? also when is that match against the Uni?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Giles will be away on England duty quite a lot I reckon.

Maybe they'll play him with Spires (?) in a twin spin attack ;)

The University game is May 14, I think.

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
And a promising debut for the county culminating in a maiden half century!
Yeah will be intresting to see how his bowling goes, after his less than impressive 3/136 (match stats) against the Kent 2nd X1 a week or so back. However I do recall he batted quite well in that match as well, a handy lower order batsman there.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think it's a fabulous move for him. Great to see him make such a good start too - now a quick five-for later on to wrap up the game.

Good balance now to the Warwickshire side - exciting times.

chris.hinton

International Captain
marc71178 said:
I bet Chris doesn't agree!

I dont agree- Exciting timnes my arse, i know the local cricket circult and Warwickshire is Rotten to the core the next 5 years will see Warwickshire in the lower half of the second Division

Obyna is a bad signing when choose him he overseas and they stick him in the seconds until this match, that is harmful to a young english cricketer

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
And a resonse that is about as accurate as his weather forecasts.

Local jealously methinks.
Well, to be fair, although it has nothing to do with this, Warwickshire are getting pummelled while Worcestershire are doing rather well...

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Granted they are in a bad position in this match, but the England disease seems to have hit us!

Betts started well, but after 4 overs 1-7 goes off injured, and we end up having to rely on Ian Bell!

chris.hinton

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Granted they are in a bad position in this match, but the England disease seems to have hit us!

Betts started well, but after 4 overs 1-7 goes off injured, and we end up having to rely on Ian Bell!
Not bad for Warwickshire Bottom of Division 1

And me Enving Warwick DO ME A FAVOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never stated that i hate Warwickshire as a team, just as a Club

Anyway Warwickshire have destroyed Ian Bell which is a shame becasue he good good talent

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You what?

Warwickshire are currently in 4th place!

As for Warwickshire ruining Bell, that takes the biscuit - I notice the same coaches haven't had any problems with Troughton, and also see that Bell is beginning to find some touch.

chris.hinton

International Captain
marc71178 said:
You what?

As for Warwickshire ruining Bell, that takes the biscuit - I notice the same coaches haven't had any problems with Troughton, and also see that Bell is beginning to find some touch.
Where? is he coming back to form, Troughton is Left handed and got great eye, Bell was coached by Neal Abberly who is totally Useless and is a Believer of the High Elbow Defensive minded Batsman and his Coaching has Recked 100 People in Warwickshire youth system in the past.

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
You what?

I think he means in the One Day, where Warwickshire are currently last having not won any games out of 5 played.

However as you say, your doing ok in the Four Day.

marc71178 said:
So how would you account for Bell's great start to his career then?
Luck of course ;)

But really, I wouldn't say Bell's talents have been destoryed as you say Marc he had a blinder in year 1, season 2 I think it was obvious he had a poor year and Troughton took the spotlight, but I think from what i've seen his been ok this season