• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Allan Border Medal

howardj

International Coach
The AB medal, a celebration of Australia's best performed cricketer over the last 12 months, is on again tomorrow night.

The voting period captures all games from last year's ill-fated Chappell/Hadlee series through to yesterday's game against India.

For the first time in its eight year history, it's not being shown live and in full on Channel Nine, but it is live on Fox Sports.

My tip: Matthew Hayden- although Brett Lee, despite missing the World Cup, could be a bolter.

Who's your tip?

What do you think of the AB medal?

Last edited:

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Hayden's a candidate for all three.

He'll definitely get the ODI award, for excelling in NZ, World Cup and India.
He's right up there for the Test award, 3 centuries in the India series, but realistically, Lee should get this one.
The AB Medal is touch-and-go, only seven Tests were played so they'll be weighted very heavily.

I'm really looking forward to the Gilchrist tribute, I wonder if he'll be making a speech.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
It'll be on Channel 9 from 10:30pm (for those in Sydney). It'll be on FOX Sports from 6:30pm.

Check your local guides.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What do you think of the AB medal?
Well, you asked. :D Boring and uneccessary. That it's being broadcast at 10:30pm on Channel 9 tells you a lot about its ratings.

Tips;

AB Medal: Lee
Test: Lee
ODI: Haydos
State: Noffers
Young: Pommersbach

howardj

International Coach
Not at all looking forward to the Hayden acceptance speech, if it comes to that.

He has a shocking habit of waffling on, and murdering phrases and analogies...carrot at the end of the rainbow etc etc.

sideshowtim

Banned
I wonder if Pomers is elligible for the award now....Remember he copped the ban halfway through the season? That was imposed by the Warriors rather than Cricket Australia so...Not sure there. If he doesn't get it, there are no others that really stand out. Phil Hughes maybe?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not at all looking forward to the Hayden acceptance speech, if it comes to that.

He has a shocking habit of waffling on, and murdering phrases and analogies...carrot at the end of the rainbow etc etc.
:laugh: :laugh:

I'll be watching it for exactly this reason!

As they say in the trenches Ritchie...a bird in the hand is worth two stones in the bush.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh: :laugh:

I'll be watching it for exactly this reason!

As they say in the trenches Ritchie...a bird in the hand is worth two stones in the bush.
Yeah, bit of Zapp Brannigan about Hayden, isn't there?

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"

Kiff's groan in the background gives that quote such a great edge.

Hmmmm........ idea for a thread......

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Apologies, it'll be on FOX Sports 1 from 8:30pm, not 6:30pm as I had previously posted.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wonder if Pomers is elligible for the award now....Remember he copped the ban halfway through the season? That was imposed by the Warriors rather than Cricket Australia so...Not sure there. If he doesn't get it, there are no others that really stand out. Phil Hughes maybe?
They should give it to McGain for ****s and giggles.