• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which IPL franchise will you be supporting?

Which IPL team do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Here is the squad list, with pictures.

I think Mumbai has a strong squad, and I like Tendulkar, Pollock and Malinga, but Harbhajan is too annoying.

Mohali has Brett Lee, and Sangakarra, but also has Sreesanth, so that's out for me.

Kolkata has quite the lineup, with Gayle, Ponting, Ganguly, Dave Hussey, and Ishant Sharma...and might win it, but there is no one that really jumps out at me.

Jaipur has Warne and Graeme Smith in the same squad, which means it's got the strongest chance to implode, which could make for very entertaining viewing, so that's a tempting team to root for. Jaipur is also the closest to Baroda (my home city) and will be recruiting there, but I'm not sold on them. I guess they could be my second favorite city.

Hyderbabad has Laxman and Gilchrist, but also has Afridi and Symonds, so that's out.

Chennai has Suresh Raina, who I like, but I'm a bit 'meh' on everyone else...though it'll be very fasinating how Mike Hussey deals with Indian conditions.

Bangalore has three players I really like: Dravid, Kumble and Kallis! Wow, this is tough - how can I not root for this team? But....

.....that leaves Delhi and with the indomitable Glenn McGrath sticking it to bastards who didn't bid him higher...and he also has Mohammad Asif for support. Fat man Sehwag is there, but there is also Karthik and Vetorri, the latter who I really like watching.

So Delhi it is!

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't say I'll be supporting any team. I'll watch it, of course, coz it's cricket, but I won't be supporting any one franchise.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Going for Kolkata..on the downside they have Ponting and Ganguly and Buchanon as coach, but they also have Hussey and Agarkar and ex Lancs Murali Karthik. But Chris Gayle swings it, legend.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I haven't made up my mind yet on who to support. I'm leaning towards Delhi though because they have McGrath, Asif, and Vettori. However, I do think that Kolkata has the strongest overall lineup (including the coach!).

howardj

International Coach
Has to be Jaipur - I have an incredibly strong affinity with that part of the world.

I could change though, depending on the colour of the uniform worn by each franchise.

*grabs coat*

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon I'd support Delhi, go McGrath!

EDIT: Can't wait to see Brett Lee bounce the crap out of Rick Ponting.

irfan

State Captain
Chennai. Place of birth and a very exciting squad (Dhoni, Hayden, Murali, Oram, M Hussey et c)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably Hyderabad, because of Gilchrist and Laxman whom I both love watching. Quite like Rohit Sharma, Scott Styris and Chamara Silva too. My allegiance could be swayed by the Indian domestic players though, Badrinath in particular.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
Im clutching at straws... on which team to support I want to have a a good reason to support any of the teams.. my father currently works in India not to far from Mumbai .. but they have no kiwis so it kind of doesnt help.. it wont feel right... Im probably going to go for Dehli.. I think they have a good bowling line up.. and i think truely a bowling line up is going to matter a lot as the RSA 20/20 wc demonstrated...

sideshowtim

Banned
Will be following Australian players more than any one team. Although my love for Punter is so strong that I want to see his team do well.