• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Symonds bruise 2005?

ttm

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I have been meaning to ask about this for 2 years but keep forgetting. Back in 2005 during the one day series before the ashes Andrew Symonds had a massive bruise on his face. It was about 1 or 2 weeks after he turned up drunk to the Banga game.

The commentators and media seemed tight lipped about it. So does anyone have any idea how he got it?? I heard a rummer about a bar fight with a rugby player.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I sense a touch of dissent from Mr Burge on the Symonds-IPL front, resulting in a small amount of jest...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He can make all the $ he likes, afaic, but I think his comments the morning before the auction about not touring Paikistan no matter what were , let's just say interesting, in their timing.