Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Hussey Petition

Cricket Spectator

David Hussey Petition

The Australian One Day cricket team is struggling to make runs.

These things happen, without Clarke or Gilly they might not have passed 200 runs yet.

Ponting, Hayden, and Roy have all look muted.

King Probot Michael Hussey has been ok.

But what would a normal cricket side do when its players are out of form, they would bring in a new player.

The Australian team donít drop players, they rest them, retire them, name new squads without certain names in them, or wait for injuries.

So rest them already.

Bring in Future PM David Hussey.

Hussey has been humping at the selectors legs like a horny Labrador for years now.

There is not another cricket side in the world he wouldnít stroll into.

New Zealand would gladly give up Helen Clark and Peter Jackson just to have him for 2 tests against England.

The West Indies would donate an island for him, tax free.

And England would allow Kylie to come home just so they could see what a test match number 4 looks like.

This has gone on long enough, the team is not scoring, the batsmen look tired, and Roy and Ponting look like they are carrying injuries, and yet all David does for Australia is collect frequent flyer points.

And I worked for Qantas, trust me, they are impossible to use.

So this is the petition, as suggested by Homer, if you want David Hussey to play for Australia please sign your name in the comments.

Tell your friends, tell your enemies, hell tell NSWelshman, but get the word out.

Cricket with balls needs your name on this petition and if we get over 1000 people on the petition, I promise I will deliver it in person to Cricket Australia head quarters.

This has gone on too long, and the only thing that will stop me from marching into the ivory tower of Cricket Australia is David Hussey representing Australia.

Get signing people.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketwithball View Post
    But what would a normal cricket side do when its players are out of form, they would bring in a new player.
    Which is one of the many reasons Australia are currently are sitting at the top of the international standings.

Until Hussey is actually better than Ponting, Clarke, Symonds or his brother, he's not going to get picked ahead of them. Regardless of who is in better form, who appears to be hitting the ball better, who gets to face Aaron Bird instead of Ishant Sharma and all the rest of it, that's what it boils down to. The Australian selectors pick who they think is the best man for the job and ride him through tough patches of form. When it becomes more than just a form issue, changes will be made.

Oh and..

Yeah. Enough said really.

EDIT: That's not a dig at Melbournians by the way, but a dig at the fact that he's quite obviously biased and his location has spurred on his post more than anything else.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 20-02-2008 at 05:57 AM.
    ~ Cribbage

Go have another carton.

School Boy/Girl Captain kwigibo's Avatar
    Link is a problem, but I will sign it a million times. Ever since this http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_data...12JAN2004.html he should have been playing, that's the dark arts.

Don't use the Victorian bias crap against the calls for Dave Hussey though (I know you weren't Prince, just saying).

Cam White got built up a bit too much by this state, so much so that it annoyed me, but Dave Hussey rocks. It was absolutely ridiculous he didn't make the 20/20 World Cup side for Aus in 2007. He whips Haddins' behind in that form of the game.

Great to see him get a huge bid in the IPL.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

The Australian One Day cricket team is struggling to make runs.

These things happen, without Clarke or Gilly they might not have passed 200 runs yet.

Ponting, Hayden, and Roy have all look muted.

King Probot Michael Hussey has been ok.

The Australian team donít drop players, they rest them, retire them, name new squads without certain names in them, or wait for injuries.

So rest them already.

Bring in Future PM David Hussey.

Hussey has been humping at the selectors legs like a horny Labrador for years now.

There is not another cricket side in the world he wouldnít stroll into.

New Zealand would gladly give up Helen Clark and Peter Jackson just to have him for 2 tests against England.

The West Indies would donate an island for him, tax free.

And England would allow Kylie to come home just so they could see what a test match number 4 looks like.

This has gone on long enough, the team is not scoring, the batsmen look tired, and Roy and Ponting look like they are carrying injuries, and yet all David does for Australia is collect frequent flyer points.

And I worked for Qantas, trust me, they are impossible to use.

So this is the petition, as suggested by Homer, if you want David Hussey to play for Australia please sign your name in the comments.

Tell your friends, tell your enemies, hell tell NSWelshman, but get the word out.

Cricket with balls needs your name on this petition and if we get over 1000 people on the petition, I promise I will deliver it in person to Cricket Australia head quarters.

This has gone on too long, and the only thing that will stop me from marching into the ivory tower of Cricket Australia is David Hussey representing Australia.

Get signing people.
    LOL!! Actually giggled at that

Will gladly sign your petition - he is in much better form than Symonds both with bat and ball

Haha, cricketers get frequent flyer points?
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Still don't think he would make full strength WA starting XI ITBT
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Don't use the Victorian bias crap against the calls for Dave Hussey though (I know you weren't Prince, just saying).
    I actually was in regards to this member and I will continue to do so when it is apt. There's nothing wrong with thinking Hussey should be close to selection, because he should be, but the majority of the "it's a disgrace he's not in the team" rubbish comes from Victoria, and it is indeed very biased. If Hussey had done the exact same thing for Western Australia for example, I'm quite positive this member wouldn't have started this petition, and I make the judgment based purely on the text it contains and his location.

There are a number of Hussey fans from outside Victoria and he certainly has been impressive over the last few seasons, and that's fine, but the general consensus from the state that the rest of the country is against them and that Hussey would be playing if he was from New South Wales or Queensland is utter bullocks. It's one thing to think he'd do a good job given the chance, but some of the crap people come up with about him is ridiculous and the majority of it comes from one pace.

Where is Simon Katich's petition? Where is Ashley Noffke's? The preoccupation with plugging Victorians into the test side for no other reason than them being Victorian is a personal gripe of mine, and I'll call it as I see it. Red flashing lights with this member.

Again, I'm not saying every Hussey fan is biased, or even that every Hussey fan from Melbourne is biased. But I'm calling this particular one early as it seems to be fairly common.

Wow Prince, this user's thread was obviously a piss-take. If you're using the text to make judgments I dare say you're taking things too seriously.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Haha, best thread.

*signs*
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Red flashing lights with this member.
    Is that the ad for the latest brand of Trojans?
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

David hussey rules............, he is such a gun and his knock against the blues was also awesome, i think now his time has come, with Symonds pulling out of the Pakistan tour, i would bring Hussey in for him and give him a chance at international level, which he deserves.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Agree with Prince, this is stupid.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Hussey has been humping at the selectors legs like a horny Labrador for years now.[/URL].
    Haha, gotta love Eastern states' similies.

This petition reminds me of 'Give Matt a Bat' except it won't work. I like Dave Hussey but as has been said, The Kat and Brad Hodge are above him in the pecking order.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information