• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in the West Indies

JBH001

International Regular
Was it just tortuous batting? Cricinfo seems to suggest that the slow pitch had something to do with making strokemaking and runmaking hard. I think Murali is going to find it hard on another slow surface, something similar to the surfaces he bowled on in the recent sereis against England, or so it seems. Would not be surprised if a draw is the final result.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Sri Lanka could have batted much faster IMO. On day one in the last two sessions they made a good amount of runs. The pitch hasn't changed too much since then.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Great to see Sarwan back. Gives the West Indies batting a touch of real class. No reason considering his ability against spin and the nature of the surface for him not to cash in tomorrow.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
TBF to Sri Lanka I don't think our top order batted too slow. Jayawardene could have kicked on a bit more, but that not the way he bats. A s/r of 58 isn't that bad really. The guys that slowed it down were two lower order bats in Prasanna and Vaas. But really for those two it is either slow runs or no runs. It is the way both have batted in the last 18 months and with some success. You can't really expect lower order batsmen to score that fast. Reckon people are just used to the Australians scoring at 4 an over. Scoring at 3 an over is ok, not great but ok.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
No, maybe second dig. How slow is your stream?
:laugh:
Haven't been following this closely, because SL are top dogs when it comes to thrashing weaker teams ......they can't match it up with better teams like Australia, India or even SA in SA .....

I think Much depends on Murali...SL are zero if Murali fails to take wickets, as they have shown time after time and even in Australia recently (Both Tests and CB series)...Tomorrow if Windies keep him wicket less , they will save this Test easily...

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Was it just tortuous batting? Cricinfo seems to suggest that the slow pitch had something to do with making strokemaking and runmaking hard. I think Murali is going to find it hard on another slow surface, something similar to the surfaces he bowled on in the recent sereis against England, or so it seems. Would not be surprised if a draw is the final result.
Murali will find it difficult. But Herath who can push it through is likely to trouble the batsman more.

thierry henry

International Coach
How good is Ajantha Mendis? His figures are Lohmann-esque, and I'm intrigued by the rather old-fashioned (like, 1800s old-fashioned) notion of a bowling destroyer categorised as "slow medium".

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
How good is Ajantha Mendis? His figures are Lohmann-esque, and I'm intrigued by the rather old-fashioned (like, 1800s old-fashioned) notion of a bowling destroyer categorised as "slow medium".
He bowls off breaks, they just from all reports don't turn very far. He stats are very screwed as he has dominated the Tier B comp. But he was quite brillant in the Inter-Provincial series. Wasn't a big name at youth level, so he come from no where really. He meant to have some brillant accuracy and good chance ups.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
ITSTL, should find himself in one of the Tier A teams where he will be tested on a more consistent basis. I'd hope he plays in one of the Tests but I find it unlikely. I find it interesting how his success translates in all three forms of the game.

leepayne

School Boy/Girl Captain
There was an early wicket yesterday, there was another today. It will have helped the inexperienced bowlers get some confidence. If Sarwan and Chanderpaul come together though, there could be a big partnership.

roseboy64

Samuels got out with a poor shot there. Throw the bat at the ball hard if you go for that shot.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Ohhh, Thushara is Mirando... wondered where he'd come from. These Sri Lankans and their names.

Hardly the world's most exciting Test in store for us by the looks of it.

roseboy64

Gave his wicket away he did. Same with most of the wickets. Smith, Samuels, Chanderpaul and Sarwan all gifted their wickets.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Patient bwling effort from SL. But Herath is underbowled. Jayawardane should give some overs for Warnapura as well to try out his flat off breaks.