Cricket Player Manager
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: ***Official*** Sri Lanka in the West Indies

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Wasn't trying to be critical to Murali, as it quite clear he is going through the motions when he bowls these days, especially in ODIs. Just saying that I doubt he would have made much of a difference in this series.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Sri Lanka 149-4 after 34 with Udawatte holding it together.

Not convinced with Sangakkara opening the batting, but Sri Lanka are in dire need of an opener at the moment.

Not convinced opening Sanga when he's out of form either!

Anyway WI chasing 258, 60/1 atm with Chattergoon on fire.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Why isn't Chanders playing today?
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

"Neither of them will have an international cricket acareer past 2016."
    Brocky on Martin Guptill and Ish Sodhi. 20/11/2014.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Rest. Anyway series ends 2-0 to WI.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Too much rain, 2nd ODI target was ridiculous. 3rd one rained off. Why cannot they have reserve days?
    Member of the Sanga fan club. (Ugh! it took me so long to become a real fan of his)

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Well West Indies rightfully won the series! Forget the umpiring decisions..and lets face it..Sri Lanka have been very disappointing after the World Cup..Right after the World Cup they lost to Pakistan...a team that got knocked out in the first round and is definitely not playing their best cricket!

As for Murali..I dont think he would have made a difference..and its time he retires from ODI cricket! I remember he once said he wanted to retire from ODIs after the 2003 World Cup! Dunno what happened!! He can easily extend his test career by a year if he stops playing ODIs!!

I think Murali needs to make a smart move and play more IPL and County Cricket and minimise his Cricket to just Test Cricket and only selective Test Cricket....Because he is getting closer to retiring and he needs to try and get some dosh and savings ...playing for SL doesn't earn him much...he needs to be shrewd and start playing for himself and his Savings as he enters the last few years of his Career...otherwise he might find its too late to make money after retiring...

I think he wants to get past 501wickets in ODIs(past Wasim Akram to become the leading wicket taker in both forms of the game) ...knowing his ambitions I know he must be eyeing that and may stop ODIs after that....I am certain that he must realise 1000 test wickets is now beyond him...

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Great to see the West Indies having some success. Early days but they will come back to the main pack IMO.

It will be interesting to see how they fare on their next away tour.
    Last edited by Flem274*; 17-04-2008 at 04:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    I am happy for the West Indians to rejoice here because they will be brought down to earth pretty quickly as the Aussies are getting there next and a thumping from the Aussies is on the cards...so let them celebrate now
    Thats being very gracious in defeat..

School Boy/Girl Cricketer StumpMic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    Well West Indies rightfully won the series! Forget the umpiring decisions..and lets face it..Sri Lanka have been very disappointing after the World Cup..Right after the World Cup they lost to Pakistan...a team that got knocked out in the first round and is definitely not playing their best cricket!

As for Murali..I dont think he would have made a difference..and its time he retires from ODI cricket! I remember he once said he wanted to retire from ODIs after the 2003 World Cup! Dunno what happened!! He can easily extend his test career by a year if he stops playing ODIs!!
    Sri Lanka keep loosing to Pakistan because Pakistan is the exact opposite of SL. Sri Lanka take wickets at regular intervals, pakistan in batches. SL have a terrible lower batting order that can never ever take advantage of the death overs, Pakistan had Abdurrazzaq. SL had a strong opening combination. Pakistan didn't. Pakistanis are always confident of beating SL. There is a certain superiority complex that gives them a lot of confidence.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread Information