• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in the West Indies

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Wasn't trying to be critical to Murali, as it quite clear he is going through the motions when he bowls these days, especially in ODIs. Just saying that I doubt he would have made much of a difference in this series.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Sri Lanka 149-4 after 34 with Udawatte holding it together.

Not convinced with Sangakkara opening the batting, but Sri Lanka are in dire need of an opener at the moment.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not convinced opening Sanga when he's out of form either!

Anyway WI chasing 258, 60/1 atm with Chattergoon on fire.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Too much rain, 2nd ODI target was ridiculous. 3rd one rained off. Why cannot they have reserve days?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Well West Indies rightfully won the series! Forget the umpiring decisions..and lets face it..Sri Lanka have been very disappointing after the World Cup..Right after the World Cup they lost to Pakistan...a team that got knocked out in the first round and is definitely not playing their best cricket!

As for Murali..I dont think he would have made a difference..and its time he retires from ODI cricket! I remember he once said he wanted to retire from ODIs after the 2003 World Cup! Dunno what happened!! He can easily extend his test career by a year if he stops playing ODIs!!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Murali needs to make a smart move and play more IPL and County Cricket and minimise his Cricket to just Test Cricket and only selective Test Cricket....Because he is getting closer to retiring and he needs to try and get some dosh and savings ...playing for SL doesn't earn him much...he needs to be shrewd and start playing for himself and his Savings as he enters the last few years of his Career...otherwise he might find its too late to make money after retiring...

I think he wants to get past 501wickets in ODIs(past Wasim Akram to become the leading wicket taker in both forms of the game) ...knowing his ambitions I know he must be eyeing that and may stop ODIs after that....I am certain that he must realise 1000 test wickets is now beyond him...

Flem274*

123/5
Great to see the West Indies having some success. Early days but they will come back to the main pack IMO.

It will be interesting to see how they fare on their next away tour.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I am happy for the West Indians to rejoice here because they will be brought down to earth pretty quickly as the Aussies are getting there next and a thumping from the Aussies is on the cards...so let them celebrate now :laugh:
Thats being very gracious in defeat..

StumpMic

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well West Indies rightfully won the series! Forget the umpiring decisions..and lets face it..Sri Lanka have been very disappointing after the World Cup..Right after the World Cup they lost to Pakistan...a team that got knocked out in the first round and is definitely not playing their best cricket!

As for Murali..I dont think he would have made a difference..and its time he retires from ODI cricket! I remember he once said he wanted to retire from ODIs after the 2003 World Cup! Dunno what happened!! He can easily extend his test career by a year if he stops playing ODIs!!
Sri Lanka keep loosing to Pakistan because Pakistan is the exact opposite of SL. Sri Lanka take wickets at regular intervals, pakistan in batches. SL have a terrible lower batting order that can never ever take advantage of the death overs, Pakistan had Abdurrazzaq. SL had a strong opening combination. Pakistan didn't. Pakistanis are always confident of beating SL. There is a certain superiority complex that gives them a lot of confidence.