• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in the West Indies

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nothing noteworthy though a 50 in FC. Powell has one.
Well, fair enough I suppose. But watching him now he's clearly got ability. I like the way he's playing Murali. Doing a KP by making the most of his height to get forward to cover the spin.

Anyway, 235/7, Windies could avoid the follow-on yet.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
D'oh. That's a shocker from Ramdin. Drives loosely at Vaas's first ball with the new ball & is caught behind. Really not what the situation required at all.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Be a massive anti-climax if Sri Lanka dismiss the Windies for less than another 25 & don't enforce the follow-on now.

Really daft run-out to end Benn's innings too. :-O

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Be a massive anti-climax if Sri Lanka dismiss the Windies for less than another 25 & don't enforce the follow-on now.

Really daft run-out to end Benn's innings too. :-O
I doubt we will enforce the follow-on, especially with only four bowlers in the side. 3 and a half with Thurshara one of them. Bat for two sessions and set them 400 odd to chase.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Made it to 20 without too many alarms, so think the answer is yes. In fact Bish has just informed me he scored an unbeaten 50 in the Windies domestic comp, so it's a definite yup.
Benn looked pretty poor in my eyes. He played a couple of nice shots, but generally he looked very awkward at the crease. Looped catches around, kept closing the face for no apparent reason. His height must have something to do with it.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I doubt we will enforce the follow-on, especially with only four bowlers in the side. 3 and a half with Thurshara one of them. Bat for two sessions and set them 400 odd to chase.
Wait, wasn't Thushara a 95mph pace bowling wonderkid three days ago?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Not much in this attack except Vaas and Muralitharan. Not so good as Migara said. From what I've seen Most of these wickets have been gifted and not due to any brilliance really.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given how patient the batting has been at times, West Indies sure haven't learnt anything from Sri Lanka. The Sri Lankan batsmen were patient but managed to take advantage of loose balls too. Aside from Sarwan, no one has really been able to do that. There were flashes from Chanders, Hinds and Ramdin though.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Yes, but he could still break down in 1,2,3. Just doesn't have the build to go with pace he can bowl.
If he can't bowl at 90+mph without breaking down, he simply cannot be considered a 90+mph bowler. He was being hailed as quicker than Taylor, and while Taylor hasn't had a very quick match thus far, Mirando doesn't look anywhere near as quick. This considering that Taylor can bowl at 90mph without breaking down.

Mirando is not a fast bowler. Fast-medium at best.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Jerome Taylor is clearly the best batting fast bowler West Indies has produced in recent years. This considering that Bradshaw was a left-arm spinner.

Taylor has improved so much over the last year.