• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best All Time Test XII

Swervy

International Captain
this is mine...but only based on players i have seen and based on these players in their prime

1.Greenidge
2.Gavaskar
3.Richards
4.Miandad
5.Dravid
6.Botham
7.Gilchrist
8.Imran Khan
9.Hadlee
10.Marshall
11.Warne

12th Murali

and depending on the type of wicket etc I would be having maybe Greg Chappell and Tendulkar around as well

Langeveldt

Soutie
1. J Hobbs
2. S Gavaskar
3. D Bradman
4. G Sobers
5. G Pollock
6. J Kallis
7. A Gilchrist
8. S Pollock
9. S Warne
10. M Holding
11. M Marshall

12. A Donald

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
My Best Ever Test XI (to date)

1: JB Hobbs
2: SM Gavaskar
3: DG Bradman (c)
4: WR Hammond
5: SR Waugh
6: GS Sobers
7: IA Healy (wk)
8: RJ Hadlee
9: SK Warne
10: MD Marshall
11: GD McGrath

12th Man: BC Lara

Sehwag309

Banned
krkode said:
Virender Sehwag
Parthiv Patel (wk)
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
VVS Laxman
Saurav Ganguly (c)
Yuvraj Singh
Ashish Nehra
Zaheer Khan
Anil Kumble
Irfan Pathan
Donald Bradman (12th man)

Just because I like to stir up controversy... :happy:

:thumbsup:

Deja moo

International Captain
V Sehwag
S Afridi
G Smith ( Cpt )
R Ponting ( Joint Cpt )
Dwayne Smith
AA ( Allrounder 1)
T Taibu ( Wkt )
Rikki Clarke ( Allrounder 2 )
B Lee
S Akhtar
S Bond

I find it a wonder ful team....

2 dashing openers

2 captains who ...err....'have strong points of view' and arent afraid to express them.

dwayne Smith provides the stability due to his temperament suited for playing big and long inningss.

2 world class allrounders

Taibu provides the cute factor

3 tearaway quicks......who needs spinners ?....

bennyr

U19 12th Man
Swervy said:
this is mine...but only based on players i have seen and based on these players in their prime

1.Greenidge
2.Gavaskar
3.Richards
4.Miandad
5.Dravid
6.Botham
7.Gilchrist
8.Imran Khan
9.Hadlee
10.Marshall
11.Warne

12th Murali

and depending on the type of wicket etc I would be having maybe Greg Chappell and Tendulkar around as well
Botham at six before Gilchrist?

Swervy

International Captain
bennyr said:
Botham at six before Gilchrist?
well Gilchrist bats at 7 for Australia..and Botham very often batted at 6 for England....but I guess I wouldnt be opposed to swapping them around.

But what a partnership that would be if those two could bat together

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
I was wondering what my Best Test XI could of scored in an innings.

So I got their stats and their batting positions and I estimated what my XI could score in an innings.

This is only a par/minimum score I estimated, because my side could surely score more in an innings. This final innings score is assuming that my side is all out.

1: JB Hobbs - 51 (115)
2: SM Gavaskar - 45 (94)
3: DG Bradman (c) - 84 (118)
4: WR Hammond - 47 (120)
5: SR Waugh - 39 (80)
6: GS Sobers - 41 (70)
7: IA Healy (wk) - 18 (36)
8: RJ Hadlee - 15 (19)
9: SK Warne - 8 (14)
10: MD Marshall - 9 (16)
11: GD McGrath - 2* (5)

All out for 359 off 114.3 overs@ 3.13 rpo

a massive zebra

International Captain
Ford_GTHO351 said:
I was wondering what my Best Test XI could of scored in an innings.

So I got their stats and their batting positions and I estimated what my XI could score in an innings.

This is only a par/minimum score I estimated, because my side could surely score more in an innings. This final innings score is assuming that my side is all out.

1: JB Hobbs - 51 (115)
2: SM Gavaskar - 45 (94)
3: DG Bradman (c) - 84 (118)
4: WR Hammond - 47 (120)
5: SR Waugh - 39 (80)
6: GS Sobers - 41 (70)
7: IA Healy (wk) - 18 (36)
8: RJ Hadlee - 15 (19)
9: SK Warne - 8 (14)
10: MD Marshall - 9 (16)
11: GD McGrath - 2* (5)

All out for 359 off 114.3 overs@ 3.13 rpo
Interesting. Was Jack Hobbs SR not above 50??

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
a massive zebra said:
Interesting. Was Jack Hobbs SR not above 50??
I'm not sure what Hobbs SR was exactly & it was hard to estimate what Hobbs strike rate was because back when he played, they did not often record the number of balls he faced.

So with the likes of Hobbs, Hammond etc. I used their career stats and got some of their innings they played and worked out their strike rate from the number of minutes they batted in some of their innings, because the minutes they batted were recorded more often than balls faced back then.

Last edited:

a massive zebra

International Captain
tooextracool said:
right shaun pollock because hes better than ambrose,hadlee,lillee and mcgrath or is it because you wanted a father-son combination in the side? 8-)
Since when was Shaun Pollock's dad called Graeme? Read up before posting. :thumbdown

a massive zebra

International Captain
Ford_GTHO351 said:
I'm not sure what Hobbs SR was exactly & it was hard to estimate what Hobbs strike rate was because back when he played, they did not often record the number of balls he faced.

So with the likes of Hobbs, Hammond etc. I used their career stats and got some of their innings they played and worked out their strike rate from the number of minutes they batted in some of their innings, because the minutes they batted were recorded more often than balls faced back then.
If I remember correctly Hobbs strike-rate was 57.

Langeveldt

Soutie
tooextracool said:
right shaun pollock because hes better than ambrose,hadlee,lillee and mcgrath or is it because you wanted a father-son combination in the side? 8-)
Er, in case you hadnt noticed, Shaun Pollock is an all-rounder, unlike most of the others you quoted...

tooextracool

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
Er, in case you hadnt noticed, Shaun Pollock is an all-rounder, unlike most of the others you quoted...
i doubt you could all shaun pollock a genuine all rounder....he wouldnt make the test side on his batting alone. if you were looking at all rounders then why not pick botham,imran,kapil or hadlee who were all clearly better? i sense a little patriotism here.