• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

who is the best batsman at present?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
A few weeks ago I'd have gone for Punter without hesitation, but currently I think it's a toss-up between Sangakarra & Kallis, with Sachin nibbling their ankles and looking a pretty reasonable facsimilie of his previous self.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Reetinder Singh Sodhi
:huh: Where on Earth did you spring him from? About the only time I've heard of him previously was from some crazed Indian lad on the old CricInfo forums back in 2001 who kept going-on about why he was going to be the best all-rounder ever (bit like old Shane Warne\BingLeeElectric with Afridi, though not quite that bad) and why India were stupid to keep ignoring him.

I'd no idea he was even still playing.

In any case - clearly Jamie How currently. Well, maybe Rohit Sharma if he can keep-up the stunning form of his recent 37*.

pup11

International Coach
Its Sangakkara without a shadow of doubt, the way he is timing and placing the ball atm is simply unbelievable, he is in great form atm and if only the Lankan batsmen could give him some support from the other end , he would tear apart bowling attacks single handedly.