• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
got to say, I love the guy (being from Hampshire), but I cant help but feel he's a bit of an idiot, and a highly questionable character, still think he's great and a wonderful player.

But....having spoken to an australian last night, she told me that in austraila he is considered a national joke, and generally disliked, apparently this is all to do with his various text messaging problems and other issues surrounding his wife, can anybody validate this allegation for me?

pasag

RTDAS
Nah, still insanely popular here. Some people don't like him for various indiscretions and I don't think anyone thinks he's a rocket scientist but there's a lot of love for him, and he's accepted as a flawed genius, well in Victoria anyways.

bond21

Banned
that australian is wrong.

he is a cricket legend, and people do make fun of the text messages but its in humour, theres no nastiness behind it.

I thought vic would like him because hes a vic.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've always tried to stay away from Warne the personality (and undoubtedly he's not all bad, but there's plenty of undesireableness in there) when judging Warne the cricketer really.

Warne strikes me as being quite a lot that I dislike, though, that's unavoidable. Would be interesting to see an Australian "do you like Shane Warne, aside from his deeds as a bowler" poll.

bond21

Banned
didnt you see the standing ovation at the MCG?

That was one of the greatest moments in cricket history.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I've always tried to stay away from Warne the personality (and undoubtedly he's not all bad, but there's plenty of undesireableness in there) when judging Warne the cricketer really.

Warne strikes me as being quite a lot that I dislike, though, that's unavoidable. Would be interesting to see an Australian "do you like Shane Warne, aside from his deeds as a bowler" poll.
yeah thats kind of what I was getting at really, I was told that although he is reveered for his sporting efforts, as a person he is generally disliked. As a matter of course I was also told that his wife is also generally disliked, why I am not sure...

bond21

Banned
yea this australian probably dislikes his wife because shes prettier than her....

and not to be ***ist, but 99% of females dont know crap about cricket unless they read about warne from Woman's Day magazines, written by woman's rights groups.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
and not to be ***ist, but 99% of females dont know crap about cricket unless they read about warne from Woman's Day magazines, written by woman's rights groups.
I guess you are the other 1%?

bond21

Banned
how is that irrelevent? do you realise the total crap youre talking?

If he was a "national joke" he wouldnt get a standing ovation and be on the news in England with the reporters basically saying "wow now that hes gone we have a chance"

Duno why im even arguing, you obviously dont live in Australia. Its the exact equivelant of me saying "oh Michael Jordan is a national joke"

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
how is that irrelevent? do you realise the total crap youre talking?

If he was a "national joke" he wouldnt get a standing ovation and be on the news in England with the reporters basically saying "wow now that hes gone we have a chance"

Duno why im even arguing, you obviously dont live in Australia. Its the exact equivelant of me saying "oh Michael Jordan is a national joke"
gee, I wonder whatever gave you that impression?

dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.

bond21

Banned
then your argument is....void?

youre basically saying hes a national joke when you live on the other side of the world....

Status
Not open for further replies.