• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionheart

School Boy/Girl Captain
Whoever the op talked to was wrong, he is no where near a national joke. He is very much liked as a whole, which may seem weird to people who live outside Australia. But it would probably suffice to say Warne sort of embodies the true 'Aussie spirit' - a larrikin who done good off the sweat off his brow. There is a segment of the population which don't care for him, or think he is a champion bowler but a miserable bloke, but we are merely a drop in the ocean.

Dusty Lee

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Warney is an Australian legend, and should also be remembered as such. His cricketing feats were outstanding and I doubt if we'll ever see another bowler like him.

Everybody that doesn't like him are people who listen to the media about what he did off the field, well as far as I'm concerned thats none of our business. I saw a picture of him on the front page of the West Australian news paper one day with a cigarette in his mouth and the headline was " Warne's new image goes up in smoke" and it went on to say that he was a bad influence on youngsters for smoking, well I argue if they didn't put it on the front page of the paper the youngsters wouldn't have known, so who is at fault in that case, Warney for doing something that is completely legal though socially frownd upon or the editor of the paper for putting it on the page and exposing it to young people. I never saw him advertise or promote smoking, though tv producers showed pictures of it, if they didn't show it most people woundn't know. So who is at fault.

As far as the women and the text messages and the women goes I don't think it is any of our business and he may have been stupid and all that but he never raped anyone and he fell victim to women out to make a quick buck saying they slept with Shane Warne.

All I cared about was what he did when he was out on the feild representing Australia and in my eyes he is a legend.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Sledge, I reckon your friend is actually pretty close to the mark there – certainly from my perspective and that of my friends and acquaintances, though of course I can’t speak for the whole country. My observation is that, as a person, he’s more popular and respected in England than he is in Australia – at home we tend to think of him as a cricketing genius who also doubles as a prize tosser, TBH. I’d definitely argue that his many, many indiscretions and personality defects have been forgiven more easily because he’s such a magnificent cricketer – the “flawed genius” is always a more romantic hero than the “average cricketer who’s also a complete ****.” But that being said, I don’t believe he’s particularly respected by the majority of Australians for anything that doesn’t involve spinning a cricket ball. Though of course he could argue that he’s not trying to be role model and that what he achieves as a cricketer is all he wants to be judged on.

And his (ex) wife is a flat-out media slut. The sort of woman who sells her sob story about “Shane the love rat” to the highest bidding woman’s magazine, then goes back to him for a while before doing it all again when she feels the time is right to cash in and increase her own publicity. It’s a shame they’ve split for good now because the two of them deserve each other IMO.
Well... without beating about the bush... no, you don't. You're a clueless idiot, on most fronts.
Agree completely with both these posts...

bond21

Banned
and a day later..i am right.

You have no idea Richard, im not a cricket tragic like you. i am actually good and know about the sport.

You see knowing about the base of the sport>>>>caring about international players and spouting stats from ur ass and claiming you have knowledge about cricket.

You know about people who play cricket, dont get confused child.

people obviously cant read my first post. You dont seem to realise i won this argument with my first post, stating that the australian he talked to was wrong. Now I have all other australians in this thread backing up my argument.

Try and make an argument about that, ill give you some time to think about it so you can twist your words to make you look intelligent and impress your friends on this forum.

Oh i wish i could go to one of your happy little picnic get togethers and watch you play in the nets.

Goughy and Manee are the only people on this site who have posted videos of themselves actually playing cricket, and I respect them more than anyone on this site, because they can back it up.

And dont ask.

bond21

Banned
2/2 australians on this page have agreed with my point, obviously not with me directly because i am the lord of the underworld apparently.

I couldnt be arsed going through the thread again but 3/3 australians who live in australia vs one australian who doesnt....dont even bother trying to defend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.