• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Warne? A Man's Man? Cops the flack on the chin? Not to dispute his status as the world's greatest leg spinner, but he was caught taking bribes from a bookie and taking banned substances, with his cases being mismanaged by the ACB and eventually recieving less-than-fair punishments.

As a cricketer, he was one of the best, but he definitely isn't someone I say one should look up to as a sportsman.
There you go ruining a perfectly good fantasy. :@

bond21

Banned
easy to critisize when youre on the other side of the world isnt it?

really piss weak mate. And i use the term loosely.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

?

If thats addressed at me then a) What criticism? and b) Its about a US basketball player and I live in the US (amongst other places). Hardly on the other side of the World

EDIT- Looks like its not directed at me. However, a quote or reference would be advisable or it looks like you are responding to the post directly above it.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

i'll take the rational opinions of the more respected posters over the likes of you, but thanks for your input anyway, regardless of how lacking in common sense it was.

bond21

Banned
and yea...you are implying im a "woman who doesnt know anything about cricket"

Im not going to dignify the first ignorant statement, but I know more about cricket than most of you put together, have to say.

But the one thing you know more about me though, is the stats of every single international cricketer over the past 100 years, i concede that, but I know more about cricket.

And you are in a very poor position to judge our national opinion on Warne sitting in England.

Fact is, take it or leave it most Australian cricket fans love Warne(ill wait for a typical childish reponse to that)

And yes he has taped *** with women and texts women in South Africa, but hes the best bowler in history, he can bloody well do what he likes as long as its within the law. People should stop obsessing over his private life and let him tape *** with women and get divorced 20 times.

bond21

Banned
?

If thats addressed at me then a) What criticism? and b) Its about a US basketball player and I live in the US (amongst other places). Hardly on the other side of the World
no its not sorry if i replied to your post, it wasnt directed at you.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
and the long term rumours that his first 'retirement' was unofficially imposed on him by the NBA due to his gambling problems and hushed up rather than for any basketball reasons.
I've heard that before, but tbh nothing tops playing for the Wizards following his time owning the 90s. That was just stupid.

bond21

Banned
yea i dream of becoming a respected poster on CW, its my lifelong ambition.

I dont really care what you think, im giving my opinion to people who dont have tunnel vision.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Im not going to dignify the first ignorant statement, but I know more about cricket than most of you put together, have to say.

But the one thing you know more about me though, is the stats of every single international cricketer over the past 100 years, i concede that, but I know more about cricket.

And you are in a very poor position to judge our national opinion on Warne sitting in England.

Fact is, take it or leave it most Australian cricket fans love Warne(ill wait for a typical childish reponse to that)

And yes he has taped *** with women and texts women in South Africa, but hes the best bowler in history, he can bloody well do what he likes as long as its within the law. People should stop obsessing over his private life and let him tape *** with women and get divorced 20 times.
tbh i'm not even sure who this is aimed at, and i'm probably just going to inflame the situation more here....but anyway...

if you took the time to actually read the thread, you would notice that I am looking for the general opinion on Shane Warne the person, not the cricketer, something you seem impossible to comprehend.

and fair enough if you love warney and everything he does, but the other responses in the thread suggest that believe it or not, there are people with different opinions to yourself, and if you cant realise that, then I doubt there is much you can comprehend.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Actually, he was implying you were a woman who knew something about cricket. 'Twas me who implied the above. And I'm Australian, FWIW - there goes half your material.

bond21

Banned
i never said i love warney, i said the GENERAL population loves him.

I dont stalk him and camp outside his house at night like the paparazzi does sometimes.

I really dont think me or even the almighty you are in a position to judge his character. Virtually all news is bad news, because bad news sells in our twisted society. You never hear about when he holds the breakfast on boxing day to raise funds for charities etc etc.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
i never said i love warney, i said the GENERAL population loves him.

I dont stalk him and camp outside his house at night like the paparazzi does sometimes.

I really dont think me or even the almighty you are in a position to judge his character. Virtually all news is bad news, because bad news sells in our twisted society. You never hear about when he holds the breakfast on boxing day to raise funds for charities etc etc.
first of all, I fail to see how you in any way can speak in a way that represents the general populartion of a country the size of australia.

Secondly, I was never judging his character, I was asking everyones opinion.

Third of all, you clearly do hear aboutthe boxing day breakfast, because otherwise you wouldnt be telling me about it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Funny thing about Warne's indiscretions is, imagine what the media would say about Keith Miller were he in his pomp today.
I think Warne has become almost an object of pity in relation to his personal life. A lot of people think he's silly with his personal life, but I wouldn't say he's treated as a national joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.