• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* Millmow Watch *

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There was a sports job advertised at the Dom Post a couple of weeks ago. You should have gone for it if you were keen on making your mark. ;)
Yeah. The Netball Correspondant. Sadly, they know my opinions of 'Dick' van Dyke and lustful thoughts about Maria Tutaia already.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
But you could have picked that job up and attempted to sabotage Millmow's copy from the inside.... :D

I've got an interview in a couple of weeks with a Wellington-based media outlet. An outlet which you and I both have a love of...

HeathDavisSpeed

Awwww ****. Volty comes to stomp on my home turf. Can meet up for a couple of beers in the local if you like, i'm 10 minutes walk from Jackson Street.... And the Petone TAB's my local ;)

Not after a Harness bookie are they??

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, I think Steve Richardson has that job wrapped up. I'm having the interview up here though due to my back complaint as the boss is up in Auckland for Cup Week. But if I end up down there for good, or for a look around, then...

HeathDavisSpeed

Nah, I think Steve Richardson has that job wrapped up. I'm having the interview up here though due to my back complaint as the boss is up in Auckland for Cup Week. But if I end up down there for good, or for a look around, then...
I know quite a few of the guys there (down the same pubs, play for the same cricket teams etc.) Who's going to be doing the interview. If not a bookie job, must be some gig on Trackside or doing the Form Guides?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Producing role (although not sure exactly what yet, and what exactly it will entail - although I have some idea).

I don't think NZ punters are ready for my face.

HeathDavisSpeed

Hmmm... Don't know the guys out at Avalon so much I have to say. "Producer" seems a very vague title from what I understand though. Could consist of a lot of ODAR.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Oh, I know a bit more about the role - just probably shouldn't say too much on here.

fruitipootang at hotmail dot com if you want to chat about it further.

Flem274*

123/5
Jesus Heath with you on the loose its a bit scary to be a journalist in the future, if I leave out a full stop are you going to chase me around with an axe?:laugh:

Come to think of it, the suggestion I'm about to make in the tour thread might spark an axe attack from you...

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Not really, no. It's just an opportunity that media companies have given every so often in recent years to their employees (most notably when Fairfax took over the INL newspapers) .Those who have been in one company for quite a while can take a pretty big payout, and Boock was probably ready for something fresh.

Last edited: