• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The best umpires in world cricket!

Fusion

Global Moderator
Demolition Man said:
Taufel at the moment.
Definately. Not only are his decisions sound, but he keeps a good attitude and realizes his job is not to be the center of attention. He is there to manage the game, and he does that better than anyone IMO.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Definately. Not only are his decisions sound, but he keeps a good attitude and realizes his job is not to be the center of attention. He is there to manage the game, and he does that better than anyone IMO.
Would you opinion on Taufel Change, if you found out that Taufel has endorsed(or supported) Mr. Hair's actions ?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
Would you opinion on Taufel Change, if you found out that Taufel has endorsed(or supported) Mr. Hair's actions ?
Not at all. My opinion on people's abilities is not as flimsy as you're making it out to be. I know he supported Hair. What did you expect him to do? He's not only a fellow umpire, but a fellow countryman. Also, he supported Hair's decision to forfeit the match. He didn't say that he would've handled things exactly the same way did he? It's only a hypothetical, but I will bet you everything I own that Taufel wouldn't have handle things as Hair did. In fact, I can't think of a single umpire today who would've handled it like Hair. The whole point is that Hair acts like he's above the game and tries to officiate a game like a dictator. From what I've seen of Taufel, he's not only an excellent umpire, but a great manager of the game. He does not seem to want to be the center of attention. The fact that he lent his support to Hair does not change my opinion one bit.