• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The best umpires in world cricket!

Kimbo

International Debutant
its pretty hard for young umpires in nz, what can you aspire to, we dont even have one umpire on the elite panel, they will never get a chance to show themselves at the top level.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
ah good to see some Interesting views from the ladies :P

Too bad all the girlfriends i have end up hating cricket :-( so i cant talk about it

Kimbo

International Debutant
I aint no lady either...
I hope you are a good ump... I have had some shockers,us "ladies" seem to get the ****ty ones, some interesting choices actually- we had this guy who is about 20, his number plate is "horny little DEVIL"
thats reassuring for us- he umpired an u17 tournament too, just the kind of bloke you want aroung young girls

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
its pretty hard for young umpires in nz, what can you aspire to, we dont even have one umpire on the elite panel, they will never get a chance to show themselves at the top level.

Their on;y on contacts I think - there is always the opportunity to get on there if their good enough umpires.

Kimbo

International Debutant
but you'd think it would be hard to get seen when they don't have one umpire from the country where the games are played- in any country, to get seen and recognised

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sorry, misspelling, I meant contracts.

Surely by your definition then Sunil, no umpire will ever get promoted onto that list - there is still the opportunity for them, it's just it won't be as easy - but we want the best in Test Cricket, even if he turned the offer down :(

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Darryl (sp?) Harper needs shooting after some of the decision he's made in this series. Trescothick's LBW at Lord's was appalling, Flintoff being given out ct silly mid on off his pads was even worse.

Something about England attracting bad decisions?!

Kimbo

International Debutant
Surely by your definition then Sunil, no umpire will ever get promoted onto that list - there is still the opportunity for them, it's just it won't be as easy
i didnt say it would be impossible i said it would be hard.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well it should be hard - it's the best 8 in the World - it's not going to be easy for anybody to get on there - that's the whole point of it!

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Well it should be hard - it's the best 8 in the World - it's not going to be easy for anybody to get on there - that's the whole point of it!
I agree but do you really think Harper is one of the best 8 in the world?? :rolleyes:

You have gotta be kidding!!

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
I would expect so, I get paid for football refereeing in League and Cup games.
Not necessarly....in Austraila, it depends if you are a First-Class Ump or not....if you're not, you're doing it for the love of the game!! :cheesy: