• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Slow death of international cricket

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
The current side has far better bowling and at least the equal batting.
No, it's not - there are just more runs being scored. Which is due to flatter pitches and weaker opposition attacks.
As for the bowling, well - if it goes on in South Africa like it has been so far I think we might have exposed that one as false.
Well, the present WI side is better than that that toured the previous time.
No, it's not - they actually had a pretty reasonable side last time (Lara, Adams, Ambrose, Walsh, Chanderpaul, King, Sarwan - and God-knows how many batsmen who'd have made hay on the pitches 4 years down the line). Ask Liam if West Indies' Test side of 2004 was better than theirs of 2000 - I highly doubt, once he's put aside his patriotic hope-for-the-future, that he'd tell you it was.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pratyush said:
India v Pakistan 5 tests would be cool

India v Australia no one would have complained a 5th test. Okay the Aussies would consider they won at the end of 4 :D

Mot other nations test nations in the top 8, there is a realistic chance of the 4 test series being far more interesting than a 3 test series.
India-Pakistan, yes - but finding the time would be tough.
I'd much prefer India-Australia to remain a standard 4-Tester.

bestfriendh

Cricket Spectator
hey

GUYS M I HEARIN RITE.......DEATH OF ONE DAY CRIKCET......HEHEHEHEHE....well for starters.....anyun who thinks tht way....plz plz plz....visit or rather watch a oneday match in india any place....and wat u find??? full stadium........dont forget...i mite sound a bit bashfull here........as long as the billions of ppl in india watch odi.......its gonna live on.....no matter wat aus or any other team do :laugh: 8-)

Langeveldt

Soutie
bestfriendh said:
GUYS M I HEARIN RITE.......DEATH OF ONE DAY CRIKCET......HEHEHEHEHE....well for starters.....anyun who thinks tht way....plz plz plz....visit or rather watch a oneday match in india any place....and wat u find??? full stadium........dont forget...i mite sound a bit bashfull here........as long as the billions of ppl in india watch odi.......its gonna live on.....no matter wat aus or any other team do :laugh: 8-)
Who are they going to play against? Mars?

bestfriendh

Cricket Spectator
heya

hey dont get me wrong plz.........i get ur point.its valid enuff.....juss sayin tht given the craziness for cricket in india........urm........i dont see it dyin a slow death yet.....

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hey dont get me wrong plz.........i get ur point.its valid enuff.....juss sayin tht given the craziness for cricket in india........urm........i dont see it dyin a slow death yet.....
I wish bestfriendh had stuck around.