• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Slow death of international cricket

anzac

International Debutant
krkode said:
You really can't blame someone for not being as good as you are ;)
you can when they start bitching about it being bad for the game etc etc etc - yadda yadda yadda!!!!!!!

IMO the Aussies came up with a game plan to counter the WI dominance of the late '70s - '80s, and were determined not to allow themselves to be so dominated again. If anyone was going to do it they were determined it was going to be them!

The rest of us missed the point and are now also rans fighting over the scraps they allow us! When key players (bowlers) from this current Aussie squad retire they may not be as dominant as they are now, but they will still remain the team to beat and still dominate world cricket in both test & ODI formats.

hey and I'm not even an Aussie!!!!!!

:D

krkode

State Captain
anzac said:
you can when they start bitching about it being bad for the game etc etc etc - yadda yadda yadda!!!!!!!
Well, the players aren't bitching about anything. It's them that matter here :duh:

anzac

International Debutant
krkode said:
Well, the players aren't bitching about anything. It's them that matter here :duh:
fair enough - but the game should always be bigger than any group or individuals. Further more some players would not want to make too much noise otherwise they may attract unwanted attention to themselves and be called to answer for their lack of performance - overpaid & under performing!!!

it's just a little disappointing to see certain elements (fans, press, administrators) having a negative outlook by claiming the Aussie domination is bad for the game. Most of the little I hear is mainly concerned with 'what to do about Australia', rather than 'how do we improve ourselves to their level'.

Some seem to think that this period of Aussie domination is an abhorration based upon the class of their current players, and that once they retire things will be 'back to normal', as per the WI experience. I for one do not subscribe to that view.

;)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah guys like Michael Clark and Martin Love would play in any other world line up...

I think that Aus will keep producing world class cricketers..Having been there it seems they just have all the facilities, the sports culture and setup to produce the best..

I would say SA come close, but not enough proportion of people play competitive cricket...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
No death to no one mate,

Cricket is good , and i like watching tons of it ,
family , fitness etc all the other demands come with being a top level cricketer being paid truckloads... so if u cant handle down step down for someone who wants to...

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
??

Australia can be bloody beaten!

Pakistan had shown signs of that each day 1 in tests, in 1st and maybe 2nd season

Perth 5/78 AUS
Melbourne 1/193
Sydney 2/245

Australia on the back foot, it is the hardness of the Aussies that gets them through, that's put them on top, can be beaten, but loses control, New Zealand and India were the lastest losses in ODIU and test respectally, Australia were looking like to win the 2nd ODI, then no 11 man Mills kills them byh 4 6's in a row, and Australia really had to fight, same situlation in the 1st one, 22 runs in one over saw NZ through!

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Tbh, I don't really think Australia will lose any type of series for atleast another year. The other teams can put all they've got into it, but the Aussies are just too good right now.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
and pakistan showed nothing. they didn't show they could beat australia at all, sure they got themselves into fairly good positions, however, they lacked any maturity or experience to actually threaten the australians.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Experience is what they need, they have some good talent coming through. Salman Butt, Danish and a few others

chris.hinton

International Captain
For what it worth i would like to say this

There is too much One day cricket and teams are playing in Cups that have no meaning at all and it a Pointless exerices for the Players that are involved in this

Standard One day International Cricket

World Cup
ICC CHampions Trophy
Triangler Series for Every Country

Err..... Thats It should be no more then 6 one day matches a year

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
looking back at aus last year their dominance has been... awesome.
1) sri lanka beaten
2) india at home beaten
3) pak beaten
4) NZ beaten

but at the same time they havent played the team i believe will dethrone them - england!

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
Langeveldt said:
They've got to beat "lowly" South Africa first..
series is drawn, s africa dont look the same pollock and kallis are fired up but no1 else seems 2 be im still betting england take the sries 3-1 or 2-1

Swervy

International Captain
Hit4Six said:
series is drawn, s africa dont look the same pollock and kallis are fired up but no1 else seems 2 be im still betting england take the sries 3-1 or 2-1
i agree..I think England are the better team,and that should shine through in the next couple of tests

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hit4Six said:
looking back at aus last year their dominance has been... awesome.
1) sri lanka beaten
2) india at home beaten
3) pak beaten
4) NZ beaten

but at the same time they havent played the team i believe will dethrone them - england!
You could also say that England haven't played Aus yet and thus are yet to have a real test.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Swervy said:
i agree..I think England are the better team,and that should shine through in the next couple of tests
I agree, but then again I wouldn't have bet on Charl Langeveldt taking five in the first innings at CT.. I hope I am proved wrong again