• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's the best young spinner in Africa

Africa's best young spinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Since there has been fair few threads bemoaning the apparent demise of the art of spin bowling with the departure of Warne and the ages of the likes of Kumble and Murali, why not look to a region that has not been particularly famous for producing spinner of that reute for the next big thing

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't know about Harris being young but I voted for him anyway as he's clearly the best spinner on the poll AFAIC.

Dabengwa and Williams made me laugh somewhat as they are batsmen who can bowl a bit (despite what Dabengwa's overall FC record suggests). I honestly think Jacques Rudolph is a better bowler than those two.

Cremer's stats in the SAA Cup have been extremely impressive, however, and all reports suggest he's been bowling brilliantly, so he certainly wouldn't look out of the place on this poll. Hell, he hs even been batting well. He's certainly one to look out for in the franchise tournament.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hiren Varaiya because of the green bold in andruids sig.

As Prince said Harris isn't young..

Ben Stinga

Cricket Spectator
Hiren Varaiya from Kenya is a good prospect and so is Athumani Kakonzi from Tanzania.

Prosper Utseya from Zimbabwe is economical but perhaps not a big wicket taker.

Davis Arinaitwe is a 20 year old off spinner from Uganda who is captain of the national side, so he might be one to keep an eye on for the future.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Hiren Varaiya from Kenya is a good prospect and so is Athumani Kakonzi from Tanzania.

Prosper Utseya from Zimbabwe is economical but perhaps not a big wicket taker.

Davis Arinaitwe is a 20 year old off spinner from Uganda who is captain of the national side, so he might be one to keep an eye on for the future.
welcome to cricketweb dude

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Think I said this before somewhere, but Varaiya will really come into his own once the zonal league starts.

As well as the youngsters Ben mentioned from East Africa, from a Kenyan perspective, the Ngoche brothers James and Shem are rated pretty highly by the current players.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Tshabalala, give the kid a chance and he will show he's the best. I'm sure he can dominate Ass batting line ups like Varaiya.