• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kasprowicz announces retirement

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
http://aus.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/335316.html

Sad times, but probably a good move for all concerned. A tremendous servant to Australian Cricket and a highly under-rated player. Remember wanting his axing for Lee, but he kept on taking wickets and was often a standout when the rest of the attack fell apart. My favourite memory of his Test Career was his 7(?)-fer against Sri Lanka. Awesome spell. Will be missed.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Has indeed been a great service to Australian and Qld cricket. One of the best cricketing last names going around as well. Always thought him slightly underrated. Thanks Kaspa.

Josh

International Regular
Oh. How sad! Really rate him as a player. Glad I got to see him live one last time before he retired (last night).

Thanks Kasper!

Still filthy on you gloving that ball to the keeper, tho!!

howardj

International Coach
Oh, this is sad.

An absolutely top bloke.

A bloke you'd want to go into the trenches with and have a grog with.

A grog in the trenches.

eglezdzdiyd

School Boy/Girl Captain
well, this is just the beginning of the changing of the guard in qld cricket. He was a great player for qld and australia.

howardj

International Coach
well, this is just the beginning of the changing of the guard in qld cricket. He was a great player for qld and australia.
Well, for Qld anyway.

Tubbs never let him settle in international cricket.

Tubbs hated Kaspa and Hayden - he never rated them.

Laurrz

International Debutant
McGrath
Gillespie
Kaspa
Warne

that was gun...most accurate bowling attack ive seen and v good at creating pressure through dot balls

he was also one of the better bowlers to Left Handed batsmen.. with the angle he creates and the offcutters cutitng away from the lefties.. v gunnish that

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I miss the Australian fast bowlers of the 90s and early 2000s. I was a huge fan of Gillespie, Bichel and Kaspa.

:(

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah, same Jono. Kasporwicz could have taken so many more test wickets had he been in any other team. Didn't see him bowl particularly badly many times. He got the job done which is good enough to get loads of wickets. Was seeing a bit of the Ford Ranger game yesterday and he was bowling in the mid 120s and it is probably the right time for him to announce his retirement. Feel sad though as I loved the bloke a lot.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a real shame, I always enjoyed it when he played. Seemed like a really good bloke.

Given all the injuries it seems sensible of him to go. Big blow for Qld though... really tough season for them next year I reckon.

Craig

World Traveller
It's a real shame, I always enjoyed it when he played. Seemed like a really good bloke.

Given all the injuries it seems sensible of him to go. Big blow for Qld though... really tough season for them next year I reckon.
Not really given how injury prone he was, gun bowler indeed. But then according to a few members from NSW, Queensland isn't part of Australia, so there goes back of the half of the Australian Test and ODI teams :p

burr

State Vice-Captain
I miss the Australian fast bowlers of the 90s and early 2000s. I was a huge fan of Gillespie, Bichel and Kaspa.

:(
I couldn't think of cricketer's I miss less (Langer aside). Still, well bowled Kaspa :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Good bloke, the kind of guy you wouldn't mind your sister sleeping with
:laugh: Best eulogy ever: fact.

Always had a lot of time for the bloke, not absolutely of the first rank in terms of natural ability, but he'd run in all day for his captain.

I can't help but have a nagging doubt we'll see him as a Kolpak over here tho. I don't know his background, but Kasprowicz definitely sounds east-European so he could well qualify for an EU passport. Probably just being paranoid in my old age tho.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Loved the guy back in the day. Could always be relied upon to run in and give his best.