• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Overrated Player?

Andre

International Regular
Who do you think is the worlds most overrated cricketer? My vote goes to Sourav Ganguly, ahsnt mad a decent test score for atleast 2 years. Runner-up Andy Caddick, he bowls to short. Honourable mention to Saqlain Mushtaq.

Eclipse

International Debutant
why brett lee ??

He is not at his best this summer but has still been better than most mainly because he can swing the ball along way at high pace.

when he gets his line and length better he will be one of the best allrounders in the world.

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well Brett Lee's got a little way to go before he's considered as an all-rounder.

My vote for most overrated is split between Graeme Thorpe and any of the Pakistani batsmen (they go through so bloody many)

G

Firstly, Brett Lee's ace, and I'm a Pom!

I agree with Andy Caddick being overrated, but the problem with Graham Thorpe is his inconsistency, he blames it on his marriage splitting up, he's had problems.

The numer one spot goes to Allan Donald in my opinion. I know he is a great bowler but he has lost quite a bit of pace and I just think he's past it and in it for the money. He ought to let young Ntini have his well deserved chance.

Andre

International Regular
Im afraid Allan Donald is not overrated, just past his best. Someone with 300+ test wickets is not overrated. I think everyone will agree with me on that.

yaju

State Vice-Captain
Difficult to comment on this.
Underrated- Gavin Hamilton of Scotland.

I know the most overrated in Tennis - Anna Kurnikova.

Harbhajan is maybe highly overrated.

Sam

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Brett Lee is a wanker.

How can you say thorpe who he is a class batter better than anyone Aussie has apart from Ricky Ponting.

[Edited on 2/22/02 by James]

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
you are a wanke

brett lee is a champ

Ganguly and Harbajan are both heaps overrated
Langer has heaps of form slumps but he averages it out with patches of good form

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
Get stuffed - Australia ooze talent in every category :P

When NZ can score more than 500 against South Africa you can come and talk to me... we have Gilly, Martyn, Hayden, Langer, and both the Waughs ...

And Brett Lee is a bloody champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who do NZ have? Fleming who wouldnt make it into Australia 'A', Astle who might make it to the A team, Vincent is just a clown, the rest are just crap (except for Shane Bond).

I know every kiwi is just going to jump all over me for this :) lol

G

How can Gavin Hamilton be overated when he isn't even rated by many people? Thorpe isn't consisent, you've got to agree.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thorpe has been consistent this whole New Zealand series.

Wish us kiwis had someone like him.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Cybersmurf how can u say Brett Lee is over rated he would be Newzelands best player if u guys had him! he is better that shane bond and all of your bowlers ( Sahne Bond can become as good )

he will is going to be a fantastic lower order batsman in years to come to.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
But didn't NZ score 500+ runs against Australia in Perth along with 4 centuries, lets start talking then

Rich

Cricket Spectator
I dont think Kournikova is overrated, actually, she's underrated. Almost everyone says she sucks at tennis. I don't think thats right either, because she was number 7 in the world last year, and anyone who gets into the top 10 in the world must be a pretty decent player.

She also has to handle all the pressure from the media, who all think that because of what she looks like, she has to be the best player in the history of the world, and she isn't.