• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Overrated Player?

sunburnt_spinner

Cricket Spectator
In my personal opinion Brett Lee hardly deserves to be in Australian test team. Since the beginning of the 2001 Ashes series, going to the current date Lee has averaged over 35 with the ball for this period of time. It seems to me pace is all he's got, and when he comes up on a slow track he becomes cannon fodder. In a couple of years time expect Shane Watson to be in his place - a true allrounder.

As for the stance on Ganguly, most Indians are over-rated. Only Sachin Tendulkar deserves his level of acclaim. India are ranked the 7th best team in the world for a reason, and thats because they only have one player.

Saqlain in my opinion is a great bowler. No greater accolade for him is the way Australian batsmen always seem to be at sea against him.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Brett Lee has much more than just pace he can swing the ball both ways with the new ball and bowls a very good reverse swinging yorker.

also If you watch the ball as it comes out of his hand you will notice that the ball allways comes out seem up and is never scrambled at all.

Ohh yeah and he bats a little to

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
if you reakon hes so crap you face him, i have been at the SCG 2 netys away when he was bowling from a 5 pace runup and it was still pretty scary, he bowled one to me to but it was alot slower 8D 8D

Masakadza

Cricket Spectator
If anyone has the chance to face Brett Lee they would cos i know i would.
It wouldnt be scary cos your padded up with all the right gear so it wouldnt be scary, just a matter of actually getting bat to ball.
Ok Brett Lee runs hot and cold to me, he had a good start to his career but has quietened down alittle.
Suarav Ganguly is very over rated i think so is VVS Laxman.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Brett Lee needs to find his pace again. He's been a lot slower since those couple of injuries he's had. He doesn't bowl above 150kph much like he used to.

Ganguly and Ian Harvey are my 2 most overrated players.

Eclipse

International Debutant
In the VB series brett lee cloked over 150 at least once in every match he played.

he may have lost his pace temporaraly but it is back now.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Ian Butler isn't overated, Essex wanted to do an Andy Caddick and sign him last season as he holds an English passport. So obviously they rate him.

he's only 20, and I reckon by age 22-23 he will be in the high 140's as he doesn't have much bulk on him at this stage.