• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your highest Test cricket score?

deira

Banned
Ok so basically me and friends actually use to play test cricket in the late 90's during the school summer breaks because we had nothing else to do . Basically the rules were that there was no such thing as catch, runout, lbw etc.... The only way you could get a batsmen was too clean bowl his stumps. This way we actually use to get really high scores. My highest test score was 369. Basically i batted for 2 days for four hours each. so total 8 hours of batting.I didn't even count the number of balls i faced, i think it was 500 some thing

deira

Banned
lol hahahah, ur kidding? anyways our version of test cricket was very good for batsmens like us who are not proffesional. In this version I learned how to play many amazing shots.

ret

International Debutant
played inside an apartment with only 4s allowed, got 640 odd

haha, it not easy as it sounds coz the bowlers can throw really fast [those toe crushing yorkers] and make the tennis ball cut off the pitch and if the ball touched ur legs on 3 occasions without touching the bat then u were out [a rule to get over the cheating in lbws like the ball could hv missed the stumps :p], it was like body 1, body 2 and body 3 OUT lol [had to face a lot of bodyline bowling].... ofc u could get out caught, bowled, hit wkt, or if u hit a piece of glass on a window for e.g or if u hit a 6s [can't throw ur bat around inside an apartment. :)

cheers

Last edited:

The Masterplan

U19 Debutant
We used to play in my front yard.. for days on end in the summer, but the rules were.. retire at 50.. so thats all we ever got..

sudhindra9

School Boy/Girl Captain
280* dec becoz i din wanna cross VVS LAXMAN's HIGHEST SCORE
It was pretty quick jus around a 230-250 balls

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That is very hard to believe.
We didn't have electric wicket keeper, we didn't have run out or stumped, we didn't have six and out, all we had was bowled [low stumps] and caught and bowled, also had a couple of bonus zones that would give you a six like hitting the wheelbarrow and some of the garden gnomes.

I was just in the zone. :cool:

Last edited:

Mard

Banned
^ well you guys seem to making your own rules and then scoring so many runs. I socred 280* playing professionaly for my highschool.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
^ well you guys seem to making your own rules and then scoring so many runs. I socred 280* playing professionaly for my highschool.
Were you one of those kids that did home schooling? :dry:

Backyard cricket buddy.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
you got payed to play for your high school? damn, people dont even get payed to play college football or basketball here/

Evilhoopler

U19 12th Man
yer. we play a version. 4 days of summer a test between about 6 people. we each get to bat until we're out. highest ever was 400. my best 223. average about 120

Fiji-Bati

Cricket Spectator
I play in a U16 comp in Suva,Fiji although im only 13(theres only 2 age groups).. and I open the batting, my highest score is 76 from 124 balls:)