• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your highest Test cricket score?

Evilhoopler

U19 12th Man
We played Yesterday. My highest was 49. Highest all day was 58. BTW it was raining so the scores were lower than usual.

krkode

State Captain
We used to play unlimited day test cricket back in middle/high school in India during lunch break. Two of us would bring bats to school and a handful of us would bring rubber balls with which to play. We'd basically go 4 innings irrespective of how many days it took. All the standard rules except no LBW since we didn't have umpires and if you hit the ball out of the ground, you were out. We used to have a tall, thin rock as our wicket!

I think the highest I ever managed was 47 (I hit the ball out of the compound and got out). The highest among our group of friends was a 57. Used to be good fun. The daily lunch break cricket used to be the highlight of my day at school haha. Our "pitch" used to be right in the middle of a crowded playground... it's a miracle, now that I think about it, that we never hurt anyone while playing!

kp4captain

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
In a new tough scoring environment (friends garden) my highest score is 46* - before the rain came
In my garden i'v scored big hundreds
In the street HS 99

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
138*.....batted for almost 2 whole days! I was made to play all ground shots since I had a bad rush of blood problem and would hook happily!

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
well by the sounds of it we played a very different kind of yard cricket, we made it really hard to bat (so everyone would get a go (there'd usually be 6-10 of us split into 2 teams). we played with something stupid like a 12 yard pitch so it was really damn quick (improved my batting massively this did, now I just love pace bowling, really taught me how to leave the ball too) and basically anything edged (that would carry) remotely behind the stumps on the off side was out (we had auto keeper, auto slip, auto second slip.....auto second gully, you get the idea). also you couldn't score more than a single square on the off side (a lefties leg side), but the straight boundary was pretty short to encourage you to play straight. I've got the joint record with 84*, no one ever hit a hundred on that yard. It was on the astro turf by the old outdoor nets at South Northumberland Cricket Club in case anyone knows it, best time of my life those summers.

kingkallis

International Coach
232*

We used to play entire days games every Sunday [ Earlier 90s ]

We would start our day at 9:00, then there was a break of 1 hour at 12/12:30. We would close the day by 5/6, depends on the season.

On my lucky day I batted the whole day and smacked 42 fours and 3 sixes in that small ground we had in the backyard of my cousin's house.

Spinksy

Banned
127*. It was an epic knock to be honest. It's hard playing backyard cricket against my brother because he only ever plays if we use a six-stitcher. And If I ever suggested padding, he'd tell me to toughen up. All in all though, my knock came to an end after my brother threw in a huge bouncer at my head (and on the grass it generally doesn't bounce) I freaked out because he bowls fast and I didn't have a helmet. I top edged it and was a lollipop catch to him.

Jakester1288

International Regular
127*.

my knock came to an end after my brother threw in a huge bouncer at my head (and on the grass it generally doesn't bounce) I freaked out because he bowls fast and I didn't have a helmet. I top edged it and was a lollipop catch to him.
:wacko:8-):unsure::huh:

:laugh:

SpeedStar

Cricket Spectator
177* for Northen Districts U-15's in January, I bat number 7, We were playing CD, although i'm NOT a batsman (I'm an opening bowler) I had our opener with me and we batted nearly all day.

rory2812

Cricket Spectator
Backyard Cricket

Me and My sister's ex-boyfriend used to play out the front of my house, here are some of the rules.
1. We used the Door as electric wicketkeeper and we got to choose another automatic fielder (e.g a car)
2. One hand One Bounce was half-out.
3. In a test match you had 3 wickets then you were out.
4. The pitch is about 10 metres long and you can bowl as fast as you like.
5. The was a drain in the middle of the "pitch" and if you hit that it was a "mystery ball" and still counted, even if you got out.

It was basically just a slog so it was pretty fun. I got hit in the Jewels plenty of times..