• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who plays at your club??

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Who are the great players who play at your club.

At my club I have:
MEN: - Chris Cairns
- Paul Franks
- Cleigton and Wade Cornelius(canterbury players who were injured this year)
WOMEN:- Haidee Tiffen(NZ Allrounder)
- Rebecca Steele(NZ spinner)
-Claire Taylor(ENG batter/wicketkeeper)
-+several canterbury players and an NZ'A' player

Plus - X players include Fleming for one year and Debbie Hockley for her life.

Cloete

International Captain
Matt Hayden:D :D :D
Joe Dawes(QLD player)
Lee Carseldine(Qld player)
Nick Kruger(really young QLD player)

past players include:
Allan Border
Kepler Wessels

Kimbo

International Debutant
at my english club... nobody really.

in nz:

lou vincent, andre adams, matt horne
ex white ferns: helen watson, kelly brown, paula gruber.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
People who've played for my local club: Guy Welton, Matt Sinclair, Shane Deitz, Shadab Kabir

For my club: um, Wayne Noon.

Recent overseas players include (AUS) Jonathan Weinstock, Ben Ramsay and James Polkinghorne and (SA) Fanie Nel.

Anyone heard of them?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Another one, England Ladies' U19 captain Salliann Briggs.

I guess Tamara will be the only one to have (possibly) heard of her?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Grant Elliot / RSA U19, Highveld Strikers

apart from that, nobody that I can think of, we arent good enough to have a regular overseas player :(

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
rod tucker is about the highest profile person to have played for my club on a regular basis, he had 2 seasons there.
merv hughes played 3 one day games for the club in his time at the comets.
another one is kris britt (see other thread) our club payed a lot of money to get her, so we could win the womens title (which we did). but she hardly played as she has since moved into the australian squad.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Errrm, no one famous but I used to play for a club with a captain called Jerry Adams...at my current club all we have is Paul Alexander, who has really helped me lately :)...oh and I got a former Worcestershire batsman out on Sat, for 70, in my 1st over, can't remember his name though :)

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Next season I am changeing clubs. I am going to a club that has:
Craig McMillan
Nathan Astle
Mike Papps -Canterbury Player
Carl Anderson -Canterbury Player
Andrew Ellis -Canterbury Player
Neil Broom - Canterbury and NZunder19 player

As well as White Ferns -

Amiee Mason
Sara McGlashan
Louise Millikan
Nicola Browne

and ex White Fern - Helan Daly

hourn

U19 Cricketer
At the moment, there isn't any first class players at my club, but Anthony Stuart (took a hatrick in a ODI a few years back) played his last game last season and is currently coaching there.

Past players:

Greg Matthews - thank god he left. Currently playing at Sydney Uni.
Malcolm Marshall - played for a little while about 10 years ago and we won the competition that year.
Tony Greig and Geoff Boycott - played for a couple of seasons together and we won the competition in one of those years.
Paul Prichard - pretty county cricketer in England

We were a very strong club back before WWII, and at one stage had 5 test players who were current members of the club - Hanson Carter, Herb Collins, Hunter Hendry, Jack Fingleton and Alan Kippax. I think it was those 5.

We also at one stage had the leading run scorer for NSW (Alan Kippax), leading wickettaker (Greg Matthews) and leading dismissal taker (Steve Rixon).

The Gregory family was also a big part of the club.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Rik said:
Errrm, no one famous but I used to play for a club with a captain called Jerry Adams...at my current club all we have is Paul Alexander, who has really helped me lately :)...oh and I got a former Worcestershire batsman out on Sat, for 70, in my 1st over, can't remember his name though :)
Who do you play for RIK? i might come against you this year

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Here are mine:

Junior Club:
Justin Langer - no longer

Senior Club:
Nobodies

School Cricket Course:
Marcus North

School
Rod Marsh

I have never played with or against any of these players.