• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SA looking forward to 2007

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well hopefully it will be fourth time lucky for South Africa in 2007...Here is a squad that i would like to see represent them in the West Indies...

I know its a long way off, but there has already been an indian discussion...

BATSMEN

1.Graeme Smith (cpt)
2.Herschelle Gibbs
3.Boeta Dippenaar
4.Vaughan Van Jaarsveld
5.Jacques Rudolph
6.Ahmed Amla
7.Divan Van Wyk

ALL ROUNDERS

8.Jacques Kallis
9.Shaun Pollock
10.Justin Ontong

WICKET KEEPER

11.Thami Tsokelile

BOWLERS

12.Quinton Friend
13.Mfuneko Ngam
14.Makhaya Ntini
15.Mornantau Hayward (Back from Worcestershire :D )

PY

International Coach
Won't Boucher still be around then or are you trying to say something about him or Thami Tsokelile? Haven't heard of many of them....but don't know much bout SA youth

Langeveldt

Soutie
Vaughan Van Jaarsveld is on the Gauteng staff, he is only 17 i think at the moment...Having seen him bat, he struck me as being one to watch

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Who's Divan van Wyk?

Won't Nantie Hayward be incredibly old by 2007?

Isn't it Tsolekile rather than Tsokelile?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Divan Van Wyk is more of a longshot, he plays for South Africa under 19 at the moment... Having seen him bat a couple of times he looks very classy..
Got no idea where his career is headed, but 2007 is in a long time. He will be 22-23 then, a good age to step up to the big time IMO ..

Mornantau Hayward will be 30 in 2007... Not desperatly old i dont think

And my typo on Tsolekile, at least he isnt Pramodya Wickremasinghe

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If Hayward plays for SA again, I'll be very surprised - his bridges are well and truly incinerated.

V Reddy

International Debutant
lord_of_darkness said:
Who;s Ahmed Amla and whats he like?
I heard that he was an Indian Immigrant and that he was very talented. But heard that Hashim Amla, his brother, was a more talented batsman:rolleyes: . Don't know anything more :(

Langeveldt

Soutie
Judging by the pitches being served up at the moment in the West Indies, i think halls medium pace would be really innocuous...

Havent seen Hashim bat so cant comment

tresco's army

Cricket Spectator
How about J P Duminy, he is only just 20 and has already made ODI appearances. He has started his first class career very well and scored a 100 in difficult circumstances at the beginning of this season before getting injured. Already has a proven record in domestic one day and first class cricket. He is meant to be extremely talented and will be in the team soon.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This is an interesting one too. The usual mixture of "WTF?"s and the odd "hmm, decent call"s.