• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warwickshire get Bond replacement

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Michael Clark of WA has been named as the Short term Bond replacement.

How good is he really?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he just took 0-111 against South Africa A...though I'm not sure if it's the same guy.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Isn't he the one who is in the Australian touring party in the Windies? The one projected by age and eclipse as the next Ponting or something...?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
anilramavarma said:
Isn't he the one who is in the Australian touring party in the Windies? The one projected by age and eclipse as the next Ponting or something...?
No he plays for New South Wales...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
anilramavarma said:
That would be Clark with an e....Clarke.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Ok then. I personally would've gone for someone like a Lawson, Clark (Stuart) or even a Nehra.
Lawson INJURED (and with the WIndies squad as well)

Clark (playing for Australia A against South Africa A)

Nehra INJURED (out for the season)

Think again...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Um Rik, Lawson has the chicket pox. I somehow think he won't be out for the season.....:rolleyes:

Mr Mxyzptlk

What about Tino Best? Or Daren Powell? It would be great if we could get a young pacer into County Cricket. It's been so long since we have.

(Before anyone comments, Drakes is not young and McLean is crap)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
What about Tino Best? Or Daren Powell? It would be great if we could get a young pacer into County Cricket. It's been so long since we have.

(Before anyone comments, Drakes is not young and McLean is crap)
Tino was over here in the Shropshire League.

The reason why there are no young West Indian pacers over here in County Cricket is because you can get a bowler of very similer quality who's young and English and is payed less...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Um Rik, Lawson has the chicket pox. I somehow think he won't be out for the season.....:rolleyes:
Didn't say he was out for the season. :P

Unless the overseas player is really something then they won't usually sign someone who needs cover during the season.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Let's settle some of the confusion. The guy Warwicks has picked is Michael Clark from WA. He is playing in the Aus A side at the moment. He is young and raw but a good prospect. He has got some good wickets in his first full season of first class cricket. He is the son of former test bowler Wayne Clark.

He is not to be confused with Michael Clarke from NSW who is in the WI at the moment or Stuart Clark from NSW who would have been a better choice for Warwicks as he is a very good bowler.

Top_Cat

I think Warwicks could have done worse than picking Mike Clark. He's not real quick but moves the ball nicely in the air and is what you'd call a 'seam-up' bowler. Plus he was 5th ni the Pura Cup wicket-talers this year, averaging arounc 23. I think he'll do really well in England. We certainly do need to develop a decent leftie. Scott Brant from Queensland looks very good too.

Top_Cat

What about Bracken and Noffke?
I don't really rate Bracken. He's accurate but I think his loop prevents him swinging the ball too much. I don't know why but I don't think he's anything special. Plus, I think at the time he was picked for the first time, Matt Inness should have been picked ahead of him. Bracken just looks to me to be a seam-up stock bowler.

And Noffke is a rightie............

Speaking of lefties, I notice that almost every State side here seems to have one or two. I don't think it's a co-incidence either.

QLD = Scott Brant
NSW = Doug Bollinger and Nathan Bracken
WA = Mike Clark
Vic = Matt Inness
SA = Mark Harrity

Mr Mxyzptlk

Rik said:
Tino was over here in the Shropshire League.

The reason why there are no young West Indian pacers over here in County Cricket is because you can get a bowler of very similer quality who's young and English and is payed less...
But do they bowl consistently at 95 and thereabout? ;)