• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warwickshire get Bond replacement

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But do they bowl consistently at 95 and thereabout?
Would being able to bowl 95+mph be useful in Shropshire or would it just mean you fly off the bat quicker to the fence?

Eclipse

International Debutant
He Should do really Well because he swings the ball exeptionaly and England conditions suite his style alot more than Australian Conditions.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Top_Cat said:
Would being able to bowl 95+mph be useful in Shropshire or would it just mean you fly off the bat quicker to the fence?
Most of the time he was unplayable...but in the sense that most batsmen just left the ball and the keeper usually let it through for 4 byes :lol:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Rik said:
Most of the time he was unplayable...but in the sense that most batsmen just left the ball and the keeper usually let it through for 4 byes :lol:
How many times did you see Tino play anyway? If you had seen him in the Carib Cup this season, you would think differently. I'm not hailing him as a Balaji or anything, but he is very good young bowler.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
How many times did you see Tino play anyway? If you had seen him in the Carib Cup this season, you would think differently. I'm not hailing him as a Balaji or anything, but he is very good young bowler.
6 times in total. His pace ment that he shot off the bat faster and also the keeper was unused to trying to stop 90+ mph deliveries and let them through for 4 byes. I saw quite a few edged 6s too!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Rik said:
6 times in total. His pace ment that he shot off the bat faster and also the keeper was unused to trying to stop 90+ mph deliveries and let them through for 4 byes. I saw quite a few edged 6s too!
So, in summation, what's your opinion on Best and fast (genuinely) bowlers in general?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
So, in summation, what's your opinion on Best and fast (genuinely) bowlers in general?
He looked talented...just Shropshire isn't the best place for really quick young bowlers :)

Jimmy Adams was over here for a few years playing for Wroxeter :)

Fast bowlers? Well when they get it right it's spectacular as shown with Shoaib but also shown by Shoaib and Lee...when they get it wrong a good edge can go very quickly to the boundary. Speed may be thrilling to watch but swing is the most effective especially with good pace like Wasim and Waqar. Fast bowlers in general then? I hate them, they hurt.

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
Top_Cat said:
Scott Brant from Queensland looks very good too.
Rik u'd b happy to know that Brant is actually a Zimbabwean :). he's quite fast and looks very good. but if he were to do well and get a chance ti represent a country he said he would play for Australia.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Brant is a Zimbabwean by birth but he is like Symonds he has opted to play for Australia.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Cloete said:
Rik u'd b happy to know that Brant is actually a Zimbabwean :). he's quite fast and looks very good. but if he were to do well and get a chance ti represent a country he said he would play for Australia.
I know he's Zimbabwean and I'm cheesed off that someone who could have been a valuable support to Streak has decided to sod off and play in Australia. It's rather interisting as I don't think he'll get a chance in the Aussie team and might end up doing a "Goodwin" :)

Top_Cat

I know he's Zimbabwean and I'm cheesed off that someone who could have been a valuable support to Streak has decided to sod off and play in Australia. It's rather interisting as I don't think he'll get a chance in the Aussie team and might end up doing a "Goodwin"
Give the guy a chance. I mean considering the political situation in Zim coupled with the prospects of a long cricket career (who knows, maybe the world will do to Zim what they did to South Africa for 22 years) would YOU stay? I sure as hell wouldn't.