• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe Touring Party Named

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
if he's told that he's a real strike bowler in Tests, then it may work?
Maybe if you tell the Englishmen that Hondo's a real strike bowler it may work. Otherwise, I have my doubts.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Hondo has impressed me with his ability to take early wickets in one dayers - if he's told that he's a real strike bowler in Tests, then it may work?
He's not really had much of a chance in 4D, and his only Test performance is 1-89...oh well :)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Rennie's Test average after 23 matches or so is 22-odd. He has 7 50's and no hundreds.

Ervine averages 30-odd with the bat in FC. All I'm saying, is to give him a shot in the Tests before you write him off.
Yeah ok give Ervine a bit of a chance (but only in the batting fodder way ;)) but Rennie's average does not show his usefulness to the side, he is one of the few batsmen in Zimbabwe now who values his wicket, to be fair Carlisle is the only other one who comes to mind who is a serious team man who will do anything to try and help the team, and I don't think it's coincidence that they are both gritty determined players. Good captaincy options, actually Carlisle didn't do too badly as captains either. Although he is one of my favorite players I don't think the captaincy is the making of Heath Streak, thought hopefully his bowling form from the Sarjah cup will continue :)

Last edited:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rik said:
Because they already have Taibu, Ebrahim, Nkala, Sibanda, Mwayenga, and Matsikenyere?
But his name is there in the squad listed by MX on the first page.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rik said:
to be fair Carlisle is the only other one who comes to mind who is a serious team man who will do anything to try and help the team, and I don't think it's coincidence that they are both gritty determined players.
I think Grant Flower is a pretty determined cricketer.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I think Grant Flower is a pretty determined cricketer.
He is, but something went dreadfully wrong with his technique in late 1999 and he's never managed to recapture that form since, even having to drop down from opening when his country badly needed him to give them some good starts.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Interesting point:

Ervine 17-0-89-1 for Midlands v Manicaland

Then again,

Friend 11-0-70-1
Ervine's FC average before this match was 61.46, Friend's was 38.37.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I know that but that doesn't bear any relevance to my point. :P
It just shows why they arn't doing amazingly well and why Ervine isn't really a Test option.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I don't get the relevance of this comment.
I said that to prove to Rik that Hondo is in the squad. Rik said that he wasn't sure that Hondo was iin the squad.