• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2 Overseas Players - Do you Agree??

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Standards

jf2001 said:
There's been much talk of taking english people's places but as long as the foreign players are better than those english blokes who would've played - whats the problem? We don't want to water down the CC. The best young players will cut it regardless of EU players - Matt Wood. Those that don't aren't good enough anyway - am I simplifying things too much??
NOt to me, that view is exactly the same as mine.

Frome Exile

Cricket Spectator
Re: Re: How about some optimism!?!?

Rik said:
Has he ever before? :P

I'm not really interested in his previous efforts for Hampshire, or the fact that he may not be quite international class.

For me his record for Natal, and a five-fer in his first championship game for us are more than enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt for now!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Re: Re: Re: How about some optimism!?!?

Frome Exile said:
I'm not really interested in his previous efforts for Hampshire, or the fact that he may not be quite international class.

For me his record for Natal, and a five-fer in his first championship game for us are more than enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt for now!
Yeah but the problem I see is his constant failures at International level, he just didn't seem anything special really and if you don't do very well at International level then it doesn't fill you with confidence when you sign them as your Overseas pro. When I saw Vas Drakes playing for Warwickshire he didn't look too great either, but he's doing pretty well for the WIndies at the moment :)