• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What should Ishant work on?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The hair - fix that bloody hair.
NO!

The hair is what makes him and RP Singh bowlers. Albeit in different ways.

Sharma has the epic hair which allows him to get Ponting out, RP Singh has the untouchable nerdy hair which never gets messy... ever! The type of hair an Indian mother dreams of for their son.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Further backing up why the mum dreams of the hair, keep the girls away. :ph34r: [/playing on stereotypes]

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NO!

Sharma has the epic hair which allows him to get Ponting out, RP Singh has the untouchable nerdy hair which never gets messy... ever! The type of hair an Indian mother dreams of for their son.
Apu and RP Singh; separated at birth? You decide.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
NO!

Sharma's hair's shocking TBH.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say, just assist the other bowlers and work as one of a strike team, rather than the lone, individual striker. Irfan and RP Singh can swing the ball, so he can continue to hit the deck and use a little movement off the pitch. He can even perform the role of an attacking pacer- not express pace like Lee, but more like someone who'll heat up things in the middle, like Gillespie in his prime, partnering the highly accurate McGrath.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Lol certainly hope they dont try and "model" him on anybody else, let the guy develop at his own pace.
Hope he isnt forced into 'bulking up' aswell, dont really see any reason why he'd want to (besides to impress the girls :cool: ), the guy can hit 140kph+ regularly already which for a guy of his age and physique is pretty remarkable, and I have heard nothing of him having any of the back troubles which often plauge promising young quicks. He has a very simple action which dosent really require him to muscle the ball down so I see no reason to burden him with a big weights program, you dont need to be bulky to bowl fast or resist injury...just look at McGrath (for most of his career, in fact it wasnt until he got a bit heavier and stronger that he started to miss a lot of cricket through injury), Ambrose and Walsh.

He certainly has the raw tools, just hope he is handled well and luck is on his side.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I think that Ishant Sharma should also work on his bouncer. Sure, he can get it to bounce 10ft in the air (literally;)), but cannot consistently trouble a batsman with some short stuff.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think that Ishant Sharma should also work on his bouncer. Sure, he can get it to bounce 10ft in the air (literally;)), but cannot consistently trouble a batsman with some short stuff.
:laugh: That was ridiculous. Don't think I've ever seen a delivery quite like that.

jeevan

International 12th Man
What does he have for left handers? Not rhetorical question - I didnt get the impression that he bothered any of the LHBs too much, and all his wickets in this series (Ponting Clarke, Ponting and Symonds:dry: ) have been right handers.

Something to work on, perhaps.

iamdavid

International Debutant
What does he have for left handers? Not rhetorical question - I didnt get the impression that he bothered any of the LHBs too much, and all his wickets in this series (Ponting Clarke, Ponting and Symonds:dry: ) have been right handers.

Something to work on, perhaps.
Yeah he clealy hasnt done a whole lot of bowling to left handers throughout his career, perhaps theres a shortage of them in Indian FC cricket compared to at the top level..
He just struggled with his direction to them a little, but he's improving all the time he already seems to have gotten better at that since he first bowled in Sydney.