cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia's 400th Cricketer

International Debutant aussie tragic's Avatar

Australia's 400th Cricketer

Chris Rogers is now Australia's 399th Test Cricketer, so who's willing to provide some odds on who will be the 400th.....

Will it be an Australian "youngster" like Ben Hilfenhaus (24), Luke Pomersbach (23) or Cullen Bailey (22), or another oldie like Adam Vogues (28), David Hussey (30), Brad Haddin (30) or Ashley Noffke (30) ????
    Last edited by aussie tragic; 22-01-2008 at 09:29 AM.

It'll be Noffke. I reckon he'll get a spot on the Pakistani tour and an injury will see him play.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Well right now it looks strongly like Bailey should never play for Australia, never mind any time soon, Hilfenhaus certainly shouldn't play any time soon, and I don't think Pomersbach is really in the Test frame at prrrrrrrrrrresent is he?

Still say I'd laugh (and love it) so much if McGain got the gig. And it's something that couldn't be ruled-out if we get a flattie at Adelaide (very possible), Hogg plays (overwhelmingly likely) and gets belted (certainly very possible). And if MacGill remains unfit (certainly possible). And if he (McGain) bowls reasonably for the rest of this season (possible too).

Reckon McGain would be as if not more likely than Noffke.

And I hope Gilchrist plays 100 (I$C$C-termed) Tests, then retires after the West Indies tour. Full circle would then have been completed.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Well right now it looks strongly like Bailey should never play for Australia, never mind any time soon, Hilfenhaus certainly shouldn't play any time soon, and I don't think Pomersbach is really in the Test frame at prrrrrrrrrrresent is he? .
    Well Bailey and Hilfenhaus are in the 25 contracted player list, so I thought I should mention them...as for Pomersbach, the call up from the carpark should prove that anything is possible oh yeah, with a name like that he should at least play against the Poms, which could be when the 400th cricketer is selected given the current team stability and the fact that most of the fringe batsmen have already played for Aus (e.g. Hodge, Katich, Rogers, Watson)

Quote Originally Posted by aussie tragic View Post
    Well Bailey and Hilfenhaus are in the 25 contracted player list, so I thought I should mention them...as for Pomersbach, the call up from the carpark should prove that anything is possible oh yeah, with a name like that he should at least play against the Poms, which could be when the 400th cricketer is selected given the current team stability and the fact that most of the fringe batsmen have already played for Aus (e.g. Hodge, Katich, Rogers, Watson)
    He's already bashed the Poms. Before he even played a FC match he smashed them everywhere for a ton in their tour game.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    as for Pomersbach, the call up from the carpark should prove that anything is possible oh yeah, with a name like that he should at least play against the Poms
    Is it pronounced "pom ers bash" then? Had always presumed it was "pomers bach" (as in JS Bach).

Could be "pom ers batch" too I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    He's already bashed the Poms. Before he even played a FC match he smashed them everywhere for a ton in their tour game.
    Right then, about time we started talking about him as a future test captain just like Ponting and Clarke were at the same age

Right then, about time we started talking about him as a future test captain just like Ponting and Clarke were at the same age
    He bashed the Saffers with a ton before he played a FC game too...The guy really is something special. I know what you said was in jest, but while I don't see him ever becoming captain (needs a bit more maturity if he ever wishes to), he will become a star batsman for us IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    He bashed the Saffers with a ton before he played a FC game too...The guy really is something special. I know what you said was in jest, but while I don't see him ever becoming captain (needs a bit more maturity if he ever wishes to), he will become a star batsman for us IMO.
    Well Ponting was also said to require more maturity after his infamous "Bourbon & Beefsteak altercation" so Pomersbach's recent suspension seemed fitting for a future captain....

However all joking aside, I had no idea he hit centuries against Eng & SA before playing FC cricket and his current FC avergage of 63.09 appears to be pretty special.
    Last edited by aussie tragic; 22-01-2008 at 11:15 AM.

Brad Haddin.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Bollinger, D.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    A Noffke
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    I reckon Haddin is the biggest chance, but only if there is an injury to Gilchrist. If a batsman is injured the place would go to someone who has already played test cricket - Rogers, Katich, Hodge. However, if a bowler were injured Noffke would have to be the next chosen.

So, I reckon Haddin or Noffke.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

State Vice-Captain Captain Cricket's Avatar
    Haddin, Noffke, Hilfenhaus and Bollinger are the contenders imo. Noffke will get it though.
    Australian Cricket Team
    Cricket World Cup Champions: 1987, 1999, 2003 and 2007
    ICC Champions Trophy: 2006
    Ashes Champions: 2006/07

Yeah, Haddin. All it takes is a little niggle to rule out Gilchrist and he's in.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information