• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Timed Out

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
For only the second time in FC history, a batsman was timed out today.

AJ Harris (Notts number 11) failed to come in, leaving Chris Read stranded on 94.

I bet he won't live that one down in a hurry!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hahaha thats soo funny, we got a batsman timed out in a game once, he took like 7 or 8 minutes to come in and the umpire was getting annoyed too - so we appealed :)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
AJ's got a career batting average of around 9, it's evens weather he would have been able to stay there long enough for Read to get to his ton!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ha ha ha ha ha

I knew that when Andy Harris left Derbyshire for pastures new some good would eventually come out of it.

Nice one, AJ.

<quack> Splitter!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
AJ's got a career batting average of around 9, it's evens weather he would have been able to stay there long enough for Read to get to his ton!
Against bowling that even makes Bangladesh look good, Read only needed 1 more ball!

Legglancer

State Regular
marc71178 said:
For only the second time in FC history, a batsman was timed out today.

AJ Harris (Notts number 11) failed to come in, leaving Chris Read stranded on 94.

I bet he won't live that one down in a hurry!
I would like to see the actual score card as I have never seen this happen in my life.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Re: Re: Timed Out

Legglancer said:
I would like to see the actual score card as I have never seen this happen in my life.
Here you go

NOTTINGHAMSHIRE: First Innings

D J Bicknell c Hanson b Bishop 62
J E R Gallian retired hurt 126
U Afzaal st Hanson b Ferley 52
K P Pietersen st Hanson b Ferley 58
B M Shafayat c Bishop b Ferley 105
C M W Read not out 94
P J Franks run out 0
S Elworthy b Bishop 20
G J Smith c Ferley b Bishop 4
C E Shreck lbw b Bishop 0
A J Harris timed out 0
Extras (b 1, lb 3, w 1, nb 16) 21

Total (99.5 overs) 542

FALL OF WICKETS: 1-198, 2-291, 3-332, 4-444, 5-445, 6-528, 7-542, 8-542, 9-542.

BOWLING: Bishop 23.5-3-111-4; Daggett 25-6-91-0; Dale 4-0-32-0; Polley 9-0-50-0; Loudon 9-0-69-0; Ferley 25-3-133-3; Brown 4-0-52-0.

Umpires: G I Burgess and J W Lloyds

story

Legglancer

State Regular
Re: Re: Re: Timed Out

luckyeddie said:
Here you go

NOTTINGHAMSHIRE: First Innings

D J Bicknell c Hanson b Bishop 62
J E R Gallian retired hurt 126
U Afzaal st Hanson b Ferley 52
K P Pietersen st Hanson b Ferley 58
B M Shafayat c Bishop b Ferley 105
C M W Read not out 94
P J Franks run out 0
S Elworthy b Bishop 20
G J Smith c Ferley b Bishop 4
C E Shreck lbw b Bishop 0
A J Harris timed out 0
Extras (b 1, lb 3, w 1, nb 16) 21

Total (99.5 overs) 542

Thanks Eddie .... So Ive learned something today !

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Incidentally, the only previous entry of timed out in the history books happened when the number 11 was stood chatting to his team manager on the boundary edge during a drinks break (at the fall of the 9th wicket), and I believe he didn't notice the drinks cart come off, so stayed chatting and was given out!

There was another entry of a sort in the 20's I think, when a bloke was "crippled with rheumitism (sic)" and tried to drag himself to the wicket as number 11 with the scores level. After about 6 minutes, they appealed, and the match was tied, but I think he was offically "absent hurt"

Cloete

International Captain
they really were devils in the 20's weren't they!!:baddevil::baddevil::baddevil::baddevil::baddevil::baddevil::baddevil: