• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gregory Hay

completeNZer

School Boy/Girl Captain
1st post!

Each time I go on the net and look at the NZ domstic games I see Gregory Hay is scoring a heap of runs or a 30-60 not out in the death for CD and can't believe this man isn't playing for NZA he isn't even talked about, most people wouldn't know who he was. Have I missed something? did he have a spat with someone in the high ranks?

His record

http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/newzealand/content/player/269111.html

Now how can this be ignored while players like Cumming are playing for NZ.

Sorry to start off in an angry mood.:)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No doubt he's had an awesome start to his career, but he's only played 12 first class games for crying out loud. When was the last time New Zealand A actually played a game, and how games had Hay played then? I'm sure he'll get a run in an A team pretty soon, but I don't think your anger is justified as he's played so few games to make a real judgement on.

Last edited:

completeNZer

School Boy/Girl Captain
No doubt he's had an awesome start to his career, but he's only played 12 first class games for crying out loud. When was the last time New Zealand actually played a game, and how games had Hay played then? I'm sure he'll get a run in an A team pretty soon, but I don't think your anger is justified as he's played so few games to make a real judgement on.

He's only played 4 FC games this season so he has been around for a season or 2

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's only played 4 FC games this season so he has been around for a season or 2
Yeah, but being around for a season or two doesn't equate to first class experience and a proven record; it equates to play a few games, doing well, and then sitting on your backside until the next season starts.

He's certainly one to watch and he's mentioned regularly here by followers of New Zealand domestic cricket, but it's no great injustice that he hasn't been selected for higher honours given the limited career he's had so far.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty sure the selectors actually think of him pretty highly, but they don't want to blood him too early even into the A side. Not a bad more as they can see if he is more then one season wonder. So far so good, as he has started off his 2nd season well. Also the fact that his a middle order batsmen means there a few guys ahead of him in the pecking order. If he was top order batsmen he might have been fast tracked into the A set up.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No doubt he's had an awesome start to his career, but he's only played 12 first class games for crying out loud. When was the last time New Zealand actually played a game, and how games had Hay played then? I'm sure he'll get a run in an A team pretty soon, but I don't think your anger is justified as he's played so few games to make a real judgement on.
Yeah, but being around for a season or two doesn't equate to first class experience and a proven record; it equates to play a few games, doing well, and then sitting on your backside until the next season starts.

He's certainly one to watch and he's mentioned regularly here by followers of New Zealand domestic cricket, but it's no great injustice that he hasn't been selected for higher honours given the limited career he's had so far.
Daniel Vettori.

completeNZer

School Boy/Girl Captain
Im a believer of chucking them in early some wil do well some will do badly and some may do badly but learn alot and come back better for it a few years away.

Tim Southee is another that I wouldn't mind being played in the T20's against England but knowing the selectors conservative approach I doubt it.

then again he'll be in Malaysia:laugh: .

completeNZer

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well in this current NZ squad it will be hard to replace someone with Hay...
Sinclair

Selectors don't like Scott Styris

Fleming to retire soon

Dodgy Fulton form

P.S

How must be picked for NZ vs England or I'll have a fit he's showing class in the domstic games but struggling to find 3 figures

Craig

World Traveller
Im a believer of chucking them in early some wil do well some will do badly and some may do badly but learn alot and come back better for it a few years away.

Tim Southee is another that I wouldn't mind being played in the T20's against England but knowing the selectors conservative approach I doubt it.

then again he'll be in Malaysia:laugh: .
No way Jose.

Ok I figure it isn't your name :p