• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gregory Hay

Flem274*

123/5
OI! Mason is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than Iain O'Brien and in one dayers he is >>> than Martin and Gillespie by a few miles. He isn't stellar by any means but I'd rather him than that lot. Heck maybe even ahead of Jimmy Franklin. Also reckon he'd be a better bet than Martin and O'Brien in tests but sadly the selectors have gone mad with O'Brien and the whole country adores Chris Martin despite being inferior in every way in tests to Franklin and no doubt will be inferior to Mills and Gillespie and if he gets a chance, Mason as well. Most over rated player by NZers ever.

Greg Hay is international material, that is beyond doubt. Anyone that disagrees shall be called Johnathan Milmow because that man couldn't write a single decent column even if Jesus helped him. He shouldn't be picked just yet however, depending on when Fleming goes will depend on his picking. If Fleming goes sometime next season and Hay is carrying on merrily then he'll be in but if he retires this season I'd back Ryder or Styris to get the nod.

Last edited:

completeNZer

School Boy/Girl Captain
OI! Mason is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than Iain O'Brien and in one dayers he is >>> than Martin and Gillespie by a few miles. He isn't stellar by any means but I'd rather him than that lot. Heck maybe even ahead of Jimmy Franklin. Also reckon he'd be a better bet than Martin and O'Brien in tests but sadly the selectors have gone mad with O'Brien and the whole country adores Chris Martin despite being inferior in every way in tests to Franklin and no doubt will be inferior to Mills and Gillespie and if he gets a chance, Mason as well. Most over rated player by NZers ever.

Greg Hay is international material, that is beyond doubt. Anyone that disagrees shall be called Johnathan Milmow because that man couldn't write a single decent column even if Jesus helped him. He shouldn't be picked just yet however, depending on when Fleming goes will depend on his picking. If Fleming goes sometime next season and Hay is carrying on merrily then he'll be in but if he retires this season I'd back Ryder or Styris to get the nod.

O'Brien is no were near international class, even though he's in my club I have no biased btw he scored 147 in the weekend for club maybe working on his batting.

Martin is our best bowler in tests, Mills in ODI's.

Fleming is retiring after touring England I thought that was confirmed?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
O'Brien is no were near international class, even though he's in my club I have no biased btw he scored 147 in the weekend for club maybe working on his batting.

Martin is our best bowler in tests, Mills in ODI's.

Fleming is retiring after touring England I thought that was confirmed?
Franklin is a much better test bowler than Martin. I don't care what anyone says.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Franklin is a much better test bowler than Martin. I don't care what anyone says.
I have to repeat myself and say Franklin is criminally underrated in tests. He averages 24 away compared to an average 31 at home, which is somewhat of an anomaly for NZ seam bowlers (apart from Hadlee...).

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah James Franklin > Chris Martin in Tests. Mills and Oram are excellent bowlers in the ODI's.
I would hardly describe Oram as "excellent." He's a good bowler, better than that of Martin, Mason, Gillespie and O'Diren in ODI's but I would reserve the word "excellent" for bowlers of a higher calibre.