• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Casualties of the World Cup

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well although we saw some new faces in the world cup, here are some people we will never see again, at least in national colours..

Add some to the long list if I have forgotton any..There is a fair bit of Skill there!

1.Allan Donald
2.Jonty Rhodes
3.Lance Klusener?
4.Aravinda De Silva
5.Alistair Campbell
6.Andy Flower
7.Guy Whittall
8.Henry Olonga
9.Javagal Srinath
10.Anil Kumble?
11.Nasser Hussain
12.Andy Caddick

A pity we wont see them much more :(

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
Well although we saw some new faces in the world cup, here are some people we will never see again, at least in national colours..

Add some to the long list if I have forgotton any..There is a fair bit of Skill there!

1.Allan Donald
2.Jonty Rhodes
3.Lance Klusener?
4.Aravinda De Silva
5.Alistair Campbell
6.Andy Flower
7.Guy Whittall
8.Henry Olonga
9.Javagal Srinath
10.Anil Kumble?
11.Nasser Hussain
12.Andy Caddick

You will see a few playing in Tests still, Kumble, Nasser, Caddick will still appear in them, maybe even Srinath :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
masterblaster said:
Klusener?

Although I have heard nothing suggesting it, Zulu has not been picked for the TVS cup...Maybe its just ludicrous selection policy, or he has had enough?

the way this year has panned out cricketwise for me, I would not be surprised if he has retired ! :rolleyes:

Rich2001

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
Although I have heard nothing suggesting it, Zulu has not been picked for the TVS cup...Maybe its just ludicrous selection policy, or he has had enough?

the way this year has panned out cricketwise for me, I would not be surprised if he has retired ! :rolleyes:
There was alot of talk going around that he would be dropped from the side, even after a ok World Cup... which in turn could lead to retirement, but nothing more was ever heard, could have just been the commentator's guessing again.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:

1.Allan Donald
2.Jonty Rhodes
3.Lance Klusener?
4.Aravinda De Silva
5.Alistair Campbell
6.Andy Flower
7.Guy Whittall
8.Henry Olonga
9.Javagal Srinath
10.Anil Kumble?
11.Nasser Hussain
12.Andy Caddick

Of these, Kumble could still(possibly) come back into the test and ODI team, so could Klusener into the ODI side, Hussain is still playing tests, Srinath hasn't officially retired. What about Caddick? Has he announced his retirement from international cricket or something? Didn't hear that one...

krkode

State Captain
Well, what's your definition of "casuality"

If you mean casuality in as the world cup ruined their career, then I can't agree with many of those.

If you're saying it's probably just the last we'll see of them, then that's fine, I guess.

I can't believe Kumble's just been brushed aside :( He used to be so good...darn shoulder injury :(

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
krkode said:
Well, what's your definition of "casuality"

If you mean casuality in as the world cup ruined their career, then I can't agree with many of those.

If you're saying it's probably just the last we'll see of them, then that's fine, I guess.

I can't believe Kumble's just been brushed aside :( He used to be so good...darn shoulder injury :(
For most of those players, the World Cup didn't ruin their career. Half of them have had such outstanding careers that it's hard to ruin it in one month. :rolleyes: :P

krkode

State Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
For most of those players, the World Cup didn't ruin their career. Half of them have had such outstanding careers that it's hard to ruin it in one month. :rolleyes: :P
That's also what I was saying. :P