• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would have thought? Mitchell Johnson has the 3rd best average in Test history

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Favours the on-side a tad, I'd say. Think about 45 of his 50 were played onto leg.

Has a good eye tho & must be one of the better 10s to have played lately.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Favours the on-side a tad, I'd say. Think about 45 of his 50 were played onto leg.

Has a good eye tho & must be one of the better 10s to have played lately.
He was just going for the spank at that point, though. Seems to play through the off-side with a high front arm so if the match was on the line, I'd say he could do it. But yeah, clear leg-side bias. )

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was just going for the spank at that point, though. Seems to play through the off-side with a high front arm so if the match was on the line, I'd say he could do it. But yeah, clear leg-side bias. )
:naughty:
TBF, which of us doesn't, at some point?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Its actually per dismissal. Hence why Johnson's average is so high, he's only been out once in his test career so far.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
I remember a couple of years ago, Ian Bell's average was up in the high 200s after some Bangla-bashing. Doubt Johnson'll get too close to that.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Be interested to know what the highest batting average is that any player has ever achieved at any point in their career. The one that springs to my mind is Lawrence Rowe who scored 214 and 100* in his first Test, so after one Test had an average of 314.00.

Has anyone's average ever been higher?

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Ahem...
I mentioned him because I'm pretty sure his is the highest anyone's average has ever been. Might take rather a while to find-out fo sho tho.
Meh, I saw you'd written that - just figured it would have a lot more credibility with my name attached to it.

:p