• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brett Lee...shades of greatness...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hahaha good work...I bet you have been dying to put that in for a while now...:D

Doesnt seem to affect the results though :(

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
Hahaha good work...I bet you have been dying to put that in for a while now...:D
Well a while ago I asked if Australia would still continue to pick Lee if his average was over 30...I suspect they will but they will have to carry him. The goldenboy has gone an odd shade of bronze...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
He did a surprisingly good job in the WC, though. Maybe, he will improve in tests also and actually become the great strike bowler he is supposed to be even now.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Yeah I am so anoyed with Brett Lee he just cant get it right at test level I noticed last night he bowled 10 no balls.

I think it may be a few years away untill Brett can forfill his potential at test level he just has to learn to bowl a better line and length and to pitch it up more because he does swing it nicley.

It's interesting to see the contrasts in Test and ODI cricket for Lee who has been our best ODI bowler over the last 18 monthes.

If I am right Lee has avraged over 40 in tests for in the last 12 monthes witch is just not good enough.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
still got the best SR....

he has still bowled well recently, piticularly in ODI's but has tended not to get as many wickets in test matches, but still bowling quite well, the wickets will come eventually, though he must continue to work at keeping no balls down, and early on working for that swing, that will get him more wickets early

krkode

State Captain
Perhaps he has the incisive ability when batsmen try to go after the bowlers, like most batsmen do in the ODI version of the game because they need runs. When they're on high defensive mode, like in the test game, perhaps that's when his incisiveness fails?

Perhaps he'll better himself...it's not a bad record after all on a world-wide comparison basis... :P

still got the best SR....
Doesn't that say something about his economy ;)