• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Under 19 World Cup thread

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India's Einstein Napoleon wins the award for having the best name in the entire competition.
This will probably come across as an attack on you (which it isn't supposed to be), but why do we have to have people mentioning this guy all the time? Yeah, he's got an unusual name. It's been noted by heaps of other people prior to this.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Southee and Boult are tearing it up. However, I think our batting may hinder any chance of progressing through the super stages.

masterblaster

International Captain
This will probably come across as an attack on you (which it isn't supposed to be), but why do we have to have people mentioning this guy all the time? Yeah, he's got an unusual name. It's been noted by heaps of other people prior to this.
Apologies. Didn't do my research and didn't look through the entire thread either. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

DCC_legend

International Regular
Dire from Ireland. Dougherty batted well at the top and Ben Ackland provided some support at 3 but nothing else really from the Irish. Quite disappointed with their performances. Was hoping for bigger and better things, but alas, it never materialised.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Holy crap. Just saw Malaysia beat Zimbabwe. That is terrible. With the present so bad, its disappointing that there isnt even the future to look forward to.

EDIT- Also interesting to see Zim are seeded ahead of NZ for this comp.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
India v West Indies currently on ESPN (channel 34) on Sky in NZ. I'd imagine it would be on other pay networks too with ESPN.

duffer

Tanmay Srivastava looks a real stylish player. Deck is dry, very dry. If we put a good score on the board our spinners will be able to put the skids on the Windies.

Koli just had a brain explosion there, lucky to get away with it.

duffer

Very impressed with Srivastava and Virat Kohli. Both very talented but their temperaments have stood out for mine.

Looking forward to seeing Pradeep bowling this arvo. Heard lots of good things about him.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh currently 149/8, good comeback considering they were 7 for 49. James Harris being the chief destroyer taking 5 for 29.

duffer

265/5 by India. Tough ask for the Windies. Virat and Srivastava were excellent, especially Kohli with his century.