• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Under 19 World Cup thread

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
The Tournoument has started and it looks like India are on track early to paste PNG 0-30 in the 4th over.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like the games on the first day are going well for the favourites

Malaysia 74/9 against Pakistan with Raza taking 6-29
India 123/2 against PNG about half way
Australia 201/3 against Namibia, Hill hit 124 off 71 with 11 sixes
Ireland 85/7 after 21 against England

pup11

International Coach
Looks like the games on the first day are going well for the favourites

Malaysia 74/9 against Pakistan with Raza taking 6-29
India 123/2 against PNG about half way
Australia 201/3 against Namibia, Hill hit 124 off 71 with 11 sixes
Ireland 85/7 after 21 against England
Awesome stuff!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Poor effort from the NZU19's with the bat. Only Corey Anderson put together a decent score of 82, with the second highest score being extras with 33.

Flem274*

123/5
Southee on fire 3/4 off 4 over. leaving Zimbabwe 5/22.
Coming up: knee jerk selection for Southee into the NZ test side at 19 against the likes of Vaughan and Pietersen where he is mowed, confidence ruined, and set back a few years.

Jeez I'm cynical.

Nah good stuff by Southee and Anderson, wish it was on Sky here.

completeNZer

School Boy/Girl Captain
Coming up: knee jerk selection for Southee into the NZ test side at 19 against the likes of Vaughan and Pietersen where he is mowed, confidence ruined, and set back a few years.

Jeez I'm cynical.

So do I flem argh its so stupid its so much more interesting than another ODI really.

Hopefully they'll have highlights or something.

Woodster

International Captain
Gutted there is no coverage of this tournament in England (to my knowledge).

Excellent start for us though, a professional ten wicket victory against the Irish. No upsets to speak of yet in this tournament.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member

Jeez I'm cynical.

TBH he already looks better then most of Kiwi seamers outside Franklin, Mills or Martin. So he needs to picked cus he one of best you got. It shouldn't really matter how old he is. Just look at Sharma playing at 19, if your good enough your old enough. If you play him as basically the 4th seamer behind Oram, I think it would be a good way to introduce him into the side.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, we've got Pakistan 12/3 after 3 overs.

Southee and Boult carving it up. Come on boys!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
This is probably the best bowling attack the NZ U19 side has ever had. However, aside from Worker, Williamson and Anderson..the batting's a little on the light side.