• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Under 19 World Cup thread

Protean

State Regular
19 needed off the last over. Disappointing this from SA, especially when they bowled out India for such a small total.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Out! Well done India... :) Congrats to South Africa for reaching up to here. There are some talented players in both sides which is excellent.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah great show Saffies. Would love to see Vandiar and Engelbrecht make it to the top. Really loved watching those two guys go.

sideshowtim

Banned
I guess this is the difference between 19s and the seniors. Handling of pressure...I mean, some of the bowling by India at the death was just terrible. But the South Africans couldn't hit the full tosses for six...Most FC cricketers would cream those.

Protean

State Regular
Exciting tournament, very enjoyable to watch and India deserved to win, they were definitely miles ahead of everyone else. Noone expected SA to do so well though and I'm proud of what they've done, hopefully next time they will put more effort in this team, which has only been together since December. Can't wait to see some of these guys coming through.

duffer

I guess this is the difference between 19s and the seniors. Handling of pressure...I mean, some of the bowling by India at the death was just terrible. But the South Africans couldn't hit the full tosses for six...Most FC cricketers would cream those.
Controlling the ball in those conditions would have beem very difficult though. I've seen enough of a lot of the lads in the tournament to be excited. From all the countries to be honest.

duffer

Exciting tournament, very enjoyable to watch and India deserved to win, they were definitely miles ahead of everyone else. Noone expected SA to do so well though and I'm proud of what they've done, hopefully next time they will put more effort in this team, which has only been together since December. Can't wait to see some of these guys coming through.
You should be. They were my favourite team to watch in this tournie. Gutted they had to be on the losing team. Love their spirit.

biased indian

International Coach
May be if it was aussies they might have done that ...:)

sideshowtim

Banned
Controlling the ball in those conditions would have beem very difficult though. I've seen enough of a lot of the lads in the tournament to be excited. From all the countries to be honest.
Of course, I'd be excited too had Australia won, I'm just saying, watching these guys really makes you appreciate the current standard of International cricket being played.

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
rememebr it about exp..ishant would have been playing this if i am correct..he is just 19 !!!

he @ the firt 2 games was like this only and see wht a good tour has done to him...give all thse guys some game they might perform..and i think it was really wet...ya but
saffies missed out on them

ret

International Debutant
btw, if i m not wrong, Ind won all its game in the WC :)

hope that these guys hv a bright future