• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Under 19 World Cup thread

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Heavy rain is apparently a big threat for the second semi-final and with the game being under lights, the team who bats second will surely have a much easier task than the side which bats first.

England were able to chase down over 200 against the Sri Lanka’s after a rain interval saw the fielding Sri Lanka’s spray the ball all over the shop whilst, India were also able to chase over 200 - A score which given how the tournament has played thus far, was a very imposing task at the midway point.

I fancy South Africa, their bowling attack is pretty handy and the Pakistani batsman much like the senior side is very inconsistent. As long as segregation and apartheid architects Smuts and Malan can give the side a good start, then the boys should be alright. :happy:

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Rain stopped play, South Africans will not be pleased for they have a very challenging total and a plethora of slower bowlers, who may now struggle to grip the ball.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
This going to be tough to chase. Great effort by the Saffies so far.
They have played well but its no surprise to see the batting excel, they have a very good middle order and cricketers such as Vandiar and Smuts should only go on for bigger and better things.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo
"19:40 local time: We have some good news, the covers are off and it will be a 47 over game. The target will be adjusted and we will get you all the information. Stay tuned.....

The target for Pakistan is 252 in 47 overs. Play will start at 20:00 local time."

More rain is apparently still expected for later on this evening so South Africa should go for the juggler and then if they do get a couple of wickets, stick on the slow bowlers and get through to 20 overs. Don't take PowerPlay three.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Who would that be? IMO, it would be harsh on Parnell if you thought it was someone else
Vandiar is for me the best cricketer in the team. Guy broke through to the Dolphins side this year and his record in schools cricket was absolutely phenomenal, really top player of spin as well.
In regard to Parnell he is a 'goodish' bowler but not exceptionally quick and for me Arnold has the more potential, considering he has all the attributes to be a real firebrand, Parnell doesn’t.

Another guy who also should go for is Yaseen Vallie, who hasn't had the best of tournaments but Peter Kirsten has said he is one of the best young cricketers he has ever seen and he is a fantastic hitter of the ball as well.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like the game will probably resume tomorrow with the cut off point being only fifteen minutes away.

However, the game was a on a knife edge, with only seven balls left to the 20 over mark Pakistan still needed five runs to secure the game via D/L.

Edit- Got my times all mixed up, still another hour left until cut off!

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Ahmed Shahzad is all class probably as good as some of the Indian batting talents in the bowling department Adil Raza seems like an Asif clone. Dissapointed with Umer Akmal his technique looked poor I would call him another Afridi.

Protean

State Regular
SA in a really good position now, 6 wickets down and Pakistan still need 128 runs at over seven an over. Wheeo.

adharcric

International Coach
Looking for big things from Sangwan tomorrow. He's been fairly quiet after a gun start to the World Cup. SA will have their hands full with the Indian batsmen but Sangwan, Argal and Kaul need to at the very least restrict the quality SA lineup before the spinners take over.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
No one from the SA batting line-up has really dominated.

If they bat first, I dont think they make 200

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa was exceptional this morning and you would be hard pressed to find a better fielding unit around. Guys like Engelbrecht are absolute insane fielders and he seems to be in the side purely for that reason.

Should be a good game tomorrow, India’s batting has been immense so wickets upfront will be the key.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I've had a good look at both India and South Africa over their past few games.

Personally believe India have a more balanced side.....South Africa's bowling looks a bit one dimensional to me...Parnell is the only bowler they have that really impresses me.

However, it is a one off game and if India are not at the top of their game....South Africa can surprise.
If India do play well though, I expect them to win...

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Vandiar is for me the best cricketer in the team. Guy broke through to the Dolphins side this year and his record in schools cricket was absolutely phenomenal, really top player of spin as well.
In regard to Parnell he is a 'goodish' bowler but not exceptionally quick and for me Arnold has the more potential, considering he has all the attributes to be a real firebrand, Parnell doesn’t.

Another guy who also should go for is Yaseen Vallie, who hasn't had the best of tournaments but Peter Kirsten has said he is one of the best young cricketers he has ever seen and he is a fantastic hitter of the ball as well.
Arnold has pace but little else. Parnell looks like a pretty good prospect to me...swings the ball at a lively pace, has good control and gets decent lift.

Protean

State Regular
Good start for SA, Arnold been looking good. Early wickets exactly what they needed, now if they can just get Srivastava.. Not too sure why they chose to bowl though.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Need a good partnership here. South Africa have done very well to keep India to a low RR and take 2 wickets. Virat Kohli playing with a nice straight bat though and hopefully, we will see a good inning from him today.