• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Under 19 World Cup thread

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You missed Srivastava send off of Anderson then?
I did actually. Hopefully Dav will sort him out for it. No need to be doing that. But I don't think one instance will change the spirit the rest of the tournie has been played in.

duffer

Anyone else feel sorry for Guptill here? Poor bloke mustn't have kept wicket under lights too many times before.

duffer

Geez, why does Pandy keep trying to late cut when there's an easy single straight?

EDIT: And now he gets out cutting.

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
That catch by Anderson was phenomenal. I can now see why Canterbury picked him at the age of 16. He definately looks like a potential star.

Otherwise, Southee and Boult have shown they're good bowling prospects. And I like the look of Nick Beard even though he struggled in the semi.
Williamson and Colson look good with the bat too.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Anderson really does look a talent. He's one of the youngest players in the side, and he was still comfortably our best batsman, both in terms of runs scored, and how quickly he scored them. Will be frighteningly good for the next one in two years time, and it's likely that his bowling will have developed by then too. One hopes that he won't be madly picked for the national side in between now and then, but with these selectors, one never knows.

Southee also looks fantastic, and I'd imagine is still a big chance for picking up player of the tournament. I don't want to see him in the Black Caps until at least next season at the earliest, but if he is selected before then, I've now got the confidence that he can handle whatever is thrown at him.

Out of the rest, Boult, Williamson, Verma, Colson, Worker and Beard all showed that they've got talent.

All round a great response after we came 10th at the last tournament. We've been the only team that've run India close so far, and had it not been for both Goswami and Tiwary being dropped on 0 and 3 respectively, we may well have taken the match. The boys have a lot to be proud of.

Flem274*

123/5
Managed to get sky going and that was a good match. Managed to fall asleep before the collapse but from what I saw there's definite potential there and really just cost a wee bit by that poor young keeper and some of Williamsons tactical descisions.

Williamson-brave innings, made sure we got a start. Tactically I think he made a mistake by delaying Southee and Boults second spells and would have liked to see them bowl in tandem.

Anderson-Boy he has some talent, so so with the ball atm but he'll improve with time.

Southee-no comment required

Boult-a little inaccurate but he's only 18 and bowls 140+ consistently, gets alot of swing and really attacks the batsmen. He'll be alot of fun in the future

Colson-Played some excellent shots and looks to have some real ability.

Verma-bowled well but I'm not sure if he is one for the future, he's a bit slow so we'll need to take a bit of time to judge wether he has it for higher honours.

Guptill-Bunce-Costly drops, think he needs some time with Steve Rixon as at times he got in real poor positions for catching the ball but he'll learn from this hopefully.

Well done to India. I think there's some question marks over them mentally but there's huge HUGE potential in that side.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well it's fair to say Anderson's and Engelbrechts catches were two of the best i've seen at any level.

You can't take anything away from Anderson's, it was an absolute blinder but I agree, Engelbrechts was quite simply the best catch I have ever seen.