• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Under 19 World Cup thread

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Wicket is pretty slow and the ball is hardly getting through to the keeper. Do the New Zealanders have any decent spinners?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The planets have aligned and I've got the tv tonight, watching NZ play for the first time. Southee bowling superbly, while Boult's got a nice, clean, fluid action. Seems to go at fair pace, too.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The planets have aligned and I've got the tv tonight, watching NZ play for the first time. Southee bowling superbly, while Boult's got a nice, clean, fluid action. Seems to go at fair pace, too.
I like Boult's action too, but seems a tad hit and miss for mine. Shades of Franklin, might be a more effective test bowler than oneday

Flem274*

123/5
Gah dads gone to bed and taken the sky card out. Can't watch now. Southee and Boult look an excellent pairing though.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh come on! Boult's only 17 or 18 years of age. Franklin's 26/27. Don't start comparing. He hasn't even played first class cricket yet.

Just cause he's left arm and dropped it short a few times.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Nick Beard looks very good as a spinner. Considering he's only the only slow bowler in the line-up, his performance will be key.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh come on! Boult's only 17 or 18 years of age. Franklin's 26/27. Don't start comparing. He hasn't even played first class cricket yet.

Don't be a drama queen, I merely stated there are shades of Franklin, especially compared with Franklin when he was 19. He may go onto to be a great ODI bowler, who knows. For mine his action suggest he might be more suited to tests.

Flem274*

123/5

There are similarities but Boult looks slightly faster than Jimmy already and has a very accurate yorker, think he gets more swing too. Similar but different so in short, I agree.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't be a drama queen, I merely stated there are shades of Franklin, especially compared with Franklin when he was 19. He may go onto to be a great ODI bowler, who knows. For mine his action suggest he might be more suited to tests.
You can tell after a few overs that he's going to be more suited to tests??