Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 393

Thread: Official Under 19 World Cup thread

  1. #181
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Sri Lanka are gun. Get through Australia top order and they have nothing.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

    Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

    RIP WCC and CW Cricket

    Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

  2. #182
    Hall of Fame Member TT Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    16,568
    Results
    Bangladesh 149/10 beat England 136/10 by 14 runs.
    Sri Lanka 175/5 beat Australia 172/10 by five wickets
    Pakistan 173/8 beat Zimbabwe86/10 by 87 runs

  3. #183
    International Coach duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So appalled...
    Posts
    11,525
    Very polished performance from India tonight. Kohli was the star of the show but their bowling and fielding after the Windies initial onslaught was excellent.

    Commentators reckon this was the best Windies squad they've seen for a long time and I was impressed by a few of them too. Kieran Powell looks a real talent and I hope these guys can kick on and become International quality players in the future.

    India v England - Sunday on ESPN, looking forward to it.

    EDIT: Kohli needs an X-Ray on his foot, could be a doubt for Sunday.
    Last edited by duffer; 22-02-2008 at 02:42 AM.

  4. #184
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Very polished performance from India tonight. Kohli was the star of the show but their bowling and fielding after the Windies initial onslaught was excellent.

    Commentators reckon this was the best Windies squad they've seen for a long time and I was impressed by a few of them too. Kieran Powell looks a real talent and I hope these guys can kick on and become International quality players in the future.

    India v England - Sunday on ESPN, looking forward to it.
    Considering they made the final a couple years back and this side wont even make it past the Group Stages, I seriously doubt this is the Windies best side in a long time.


  5. #185
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Sri Lanka v New Zealand in the QFs. Kiwis should be favorites, but I reckon we might push them hard.

    Other QFs:

    India v England
    Pakistan v Australia
    Bangladesh v South Africa

  6. #186
    International Coach duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So appalled...
    Posts
    11,525
    They were in a very tough group though. Haven't seen any of their previous U-19's so not in a position to make that judgement but htey look a good group of youngsters.

  7. #187
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,428
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Sri Lanka v New Zealand in the QFs. Kiwis should be favorites, but I reckon we might push them hard.

    Other QFs:

    India v England
    Pakistan v Australia
    Bangladesh v South Africa
    When is this game?

    Depends really, have a feeling it will be won by bowling. We rely too much on Williamson, Anderson and Worker for our batting. Dunno what SL batting is like but if they can cope with Southee and Boult the other bowlers might cop some pressure to take wickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  8. #188
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    They were in a very tough group though. Haven't seen any of their previous U-19's so not in a position to make that judgement but htey look a good group of youngsters.
    Outside Simmons, Marshall, Ramdin and Rampaul the side four years ago didn't have as much talent. But they had better balance and played better as team. Marshall, Ramdin and Rampaul have some dream tournments as well.

  9. #189
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    When is this game?

    Depends really, have a feeling it will be won by bowling. We rely too much on Williamson, Anderson and Worker for our batting. Dunno what SL batting is like but if they can cope with Southee and Boult the other bowlers might cop some pressure to take wickets.
    SL bat deep but have no real stars. Batting depth is probably the best way to combat Southee and Boult it seems.

  10. #190
    International Coach duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So appalled...
    Posts
    11,525
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Outside Simmons, Marshall, Ramdin and Rampaul the side four years ago didn't have as much talent. But they had better balance and played better as team. Marshall, Ramdin and Rampaul have some dream tournments as well.
    Yep, but the commentators seem to think that quite a few of these guys are capable of making the step up, which should be the priority of these tournaments?

  11. #191
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,428
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Yep, but the commentators seem to think that quite a few of these guys are capable of making the step up, which should be the priority of these tournaments?
    Probably. I think what we must remember is only a handful from each side will play international cricket purely because all of these blokes are aged within 2-3 years of each other wheras international sides have a much bigger age range. For example Southee, Boult, Williamson etc will be playing alongside Taylor, Franklin, McCullum etc so to cut a long story short yes it should be about development though obviously you'd want to teach them the winning feeling early.

  12. #192
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Yep, but the commentators seem to think that quite a few of these guys are capable of making the step up, which should be the priority of these tournaments?
    Yeah but the big thing for me, is the fact that the South African side they lost isn't that great. If this side was that good, then they shouldn't have lost to them. But in there defense they went with a very young squad with a lot of 18yos. So they were always going to perform at a lower level.

  13. #193
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,428
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    SL bat deep but have no real stars. Batting depth is probably the best way to combat Southee and Boult it seems.
    Well if the line up is:

    Southee (fast medium)
    Boult (fast)
    Boam (fast)
    Morgan (medium fast)
    Beard (leg break?)

    stonewall Boult and Southee, not sure about how good Boam is so play him as normal, target Morgan and semi-target Beard but be mindful he has a bit of Vettori about him so dmaybe not attack too much.

    EDIT: Corey Anderson the allrounder will probably play instead of Boam. Might be worth targeting as well.
    Last edited by Flem274*; 22-02-2008 at 03:10 AM.

  14. #194
    State Vice-Captain gettingbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Down By The River
    Posts
    1,460
    So much for P. Hughes being the best u19 batsman in the world.

  15. #195
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    22
    Predict for the semis

    India Vs Newzealand
    Pakistan Vs Bangladesh

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *Official* 2007 Football World Cup thread
    By steds in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 30-09-2007, 10:31 AM
  2. ***Official Under 19 World Cup Thread***
    By vic_orthdox in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 818
    Last Post: 22-02-2006, 01:18 PM
  3. *The Official* Is MSN Down Thread?
    By Cloete in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 16-04-2004, 05:16 PM
  4. *Official* Pak In NZ Thread
    By Bouncer in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 400
    Last Post: 18-01-2004, 06:42 PM
  5. *Official* Cm4 Thread
    By chris.hinton in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 10:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •