• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Under 19 World Cup thread

Flem274*

123/5
Can't wait until they make their FC debuts. ND are going to have an almost unfair bowling attack though in a few years.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Fantastic to see the performances from Southee.

Second highest wicket-taker for the tournament :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty happy with our performance to make it to the QFs, considering the side we picked. Reckon there is fair bit of potential in this squad. A couple 17yos as well, who could be really gun come next WC. Reckon if the WC was next year we would win it with talent we have in the 18yos.

Well done to NZ, they just too good for us on the day. I wouldn't worry so much about the batting failures as the pitches have been pretty average for batting. Not many batting line ups have looked that good. Even Pakistan and India have looked shakey at times.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done NZ on reaching Semi finals. With Southee and Boult and quite a few other decent bowlers in their ranks, they can topple India if they play well.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I know it was only a warm-up but NZ went within 10 runs or something of beating India in a high-scoring match. I guess that may give them a little bit of confidence that they might be able to match them.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
That kinara oval pitch is a slowish one.
If newzealand have to challenge India then they will have to play spin well and their slower bowlers need to ball well.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ reach 205 off their 50 overs. Not a bad score, at least they've got some runs on the board. The pitch looks very slow and low. Hopefully Southee and Boult start well.

and jeez does Corey Anderson look like a very young Chris Cairns. Only 17 but he hit some towering sixes in his 70.

Flem274*

123/5
NZ reach 205 off their 50 overs. Not a bad score, at least they've got some runs on the board. The pitch looks very slow and low. Hopefully Southee and Boult start well.

and jeez does Corey Anderson look like a very young Chris Cairns. Only 17 but he hit some towering sixes in his 70.
The bounce looks very low and inconsistent at times. Southee and Boult are important but I feel the spinner Nick Beard and the two medium pacers Morgan and Verma could play a hand in this as well.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, NZ has alot of bowlers in their line-up. I'm a bit confused as to why Bracewell bats so low when they've already got the wicket-keeper Bunce playing up at #3. You'd think they'd play another batsmen higher up the order.

Southee, Boult, Morgan, Verma, Anderson, Beard.
Very good options there.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Expecting NZ bowlers to get early wickets.. Indians should play really well to win

Edit: Kudos to Anderson... Liked his inngs

Flem274*

123/5
Yes, NZ has alot of bowlers in their line-up. I'm a bit confused as to why Bracewell bats so low when they've already got the wicket-keeper Bunce playing up at #3. You'd think they'd play another batsmen higher up the order.

Southee, Boult, Morgan, Verma, Anderson, Beard.
Very good options there.
Malaysia looks a bowlers paradise. Humidity and under lights will equal swing and the Indinan esque pitches will assist the spinners and the intelligent medium pacer.

Yeah that batting line up was strange. Looks as if they havent learnt from the Mens NZ team really.

Two keepers in side
Middle order player and captain opening

Sound familliar?

Young Colson looks the goods as well. Liked Williamsons gutsy stonewalling, set it up and kept some of the pressure off the middle order.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I think the Sixes from Anderson really helped NZ score... It would have been pathetic wthout those... NZ put up a good chance to closeup on Indians

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well India haven't had to chase over 200 in this tournament so far, so well done to NZ for doing well in such an important match.
Plus India will be chasing under lights.

Even if NZ don't progress, I think they can hold their heads up high after this tournament..they've proven there's some good players coming through.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im not sure what happened to Jeet Raval, but he has been NZ's opener with Worker for the last year or so. He pulled out just before the tournament, I don't know whether it was because of injury or not.

So I guess NZ's prep was thrown in to a bit of dissaray with Raval not being able to play.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently there are thunder-storms though, the U19's might get their first taste of Duckworth/Lewis as yet.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Looks to be a decent total from New Zealand and considering what has occurred so far in this tournament it could prove to be a difficult total to chase.

Also here is the Play off Semi Final result…
England 204/3 (Westley 58, Godleman 57) beat Sri Lanka 241/5 (Pathirana 97) by 8 runs D/L

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This game is 50/50 for mine. Southee definately looks a class act at this level even after 1 over. I do hope he goes on the England tour, I think he will enjoy the conditions