Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 473

Thread: English Cricket season

  1. #1
    International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,332

    English Cricket season

    here we are for the next 5/6 months we will see new Stars and we see England Lose Again and we will see Warwickshire get Relegated (Only Joking Marc)

    Anyway, What are your predictions ( Ok its hard but please try)

    Winner wins a 1

    County Championship Winners: Surrey
    Relegated Essex, Kent, Nottinghamshire

    Division two

    Champions: Yorkshire
    Promoted: Worcester (I would say that) Somerset
    Bottom county: Northamptonshire

    National League Division 1 : Worcestershire
    Relegated: Essex,Leicestershire,Kent

    Division 2 Champions: Hampshire
    Promoted: Somerset, Durham

    Bottom Club: Scotland


    C+G Trophy: Surrey
    twenty20 cup: Leicestershire


    what do you think?

  2. #2
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,584

    Re: English Cricket season

    Originally posted by chris.hinton
    here we are for the next 5/6 months we will see new Stars and we see England Lose Again and we will see Warwickshire get Relegated (Only Joking Marc)
    ROFLMAO!

    Originally posted by chris.hinton
    Anyway, What are your predictions ( Ok its hard but please try)
    Well last year I managed to get 2 of the 4 one day winners and 2nd place in one of the others!

    Here goes:

    County Championship Winners: Warwickshire
    Relegated : Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Essex

    Division two

    Champions: Somerset
    Promoted: Yorkshire, Derbyshire
    Bottom county: Durham

    National League Division 1 : Glamorgan
    Relegated: Essex,Worcestershire,Surrey

    Division 2 Champions: Hampshire
    Promoted: Nottinghamshire, Lancashire

    Bottom Club: Scotland (if they play)


    C+G Trophy: Gloucestershire

    twenty20 cup: Middlesex
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  3. #3
    Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Auckland , New Zealand
    Posts
    13,252
    Go Hampshire im supportin them !
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

    Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

    Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

    Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

    Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

  4. #4
    Hall of Fame Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    17,752
    Corkyshire for me (not to win anything, but they certainly have some good young prospects)
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men


  5. #5
    Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Auckland , New Zealand
    Posts
    13,252
    ius there evena team like that mate ?

  6. #6
    International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,332

    Re: Re: English Cricket season

    Originally posted by marc71178
    ROFLMAO!



    Well last year I managed to get 2 of the 4 one day winners and 2nd place in one of the others!

    Here goes:

    County Championship Winners: Warwickshire
    Relegated : Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Essex

    Division two

    Champions: Somerset
    Promoted: Yorkshire, Derbyshire
    Bottom county: Durham

    National League Division 1 : Glamorgan
    Relegated: Essex,Worcestershire,Surrey

    Division 2 Champions: Hampshire
    Promoted: Nottinghamshire, Lancashire

    Bottom Club: Scotland (if they play)


    C+G Trophy: Gloucestershire

    twenty20 cup: Middlesex

    Worcester to go down come on mate

    Our best xi will win the National League

    Singh
    Solanki
    Hick
    Smith
    Kadeer Ali
    Hall
    Batty
    Rhodes
    Leatherdale
    Kabir Ali
    Hayward

    Plus Harrity, Peters, Pipe, Liptrot

  7. #7
    Hall of Fame Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    17,752
    Originally posted by lord_of_darkness
    ius there evena team like that mate ?
    Cork as in captain of Derbyshire

  8. #8
    Rik
    Rik is offline
    Cricketer Of The Year Rik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Shropshire, England
    Posts
    8,353

    Re: Re: Re: English Cricket season

    Originally posted by chris.hinton

    Kadeer Ali
    Oh my god he spelt Kadeer right :O :O :O
    "Age is just a stupid number"

    20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

  9. #9
    Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Auckland , New Zealand
    Posts
    13,252
    okay lucky now i know what that means

  10. #10
    International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,332
    Originally posted by luckyeddie
    Cork as in captain of Derbyshire

    Derbyshire are rubbish, they have no young talent either

  11. #11
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,542
    Originally posted by chris.hinton
    Derbyshire are rubbish, they have no young talent either

    Maybe, but they are the only county headquaters with a grass bank so you can watch cricket while playing it, or lying down for that matter, and you can park your car there..


    They are a novelty for English stadia, but Derby gets my thumbs up and i love going there (Mainly to watch the opposition tho :rolleyes:
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  12. #12
    Cricket Web Vice Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    7,190
    Originally posted by Langeveldt
    Maybe, but they are the only county headquaters with a grass bank so you can watch cricket while playing it, or lying down for that matter, and you can park your car there..


    They are a novelty for English stadia, but Derby gets my thumbs up and i love going there (Mainly to watch the opposition tho :rolleyes:
    Obviously you've never been to a Kent game @ Canterbury then.

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    17,752
    Originally posted by chris.hinton
    Derbyshire are rubbish, they have no young talent either
    Can't disagree too much with those sentiments, but at least we don't have to watch Hick

  14. #14
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,542
    Originally posted by Rich2001
    Obviously you've never been to a Kent game @ Canterbury then.
    Nope!

  15. #15
    PY
    PY is offline
    International Coach PY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    10,736
    Originally posted by luckyeddie
    but at least we don't have to watch Hick
    Good call
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

    - Stephen Currie

    "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •