• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Cricket season

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Ian Trott *runs* through the Kent lower order to take 7 wickets!

What on earth went on there?!

Prior to that he had 4 FC wickets.
Credit to the guy, he pitched it up and got the rewards. I expect the Kent players saw him come on and thought his going to have it, and paid the price.

Here's how he got his wickets anyway.

Code:
D P Fulton  c Piper b Richardson cutting wide of off stump 51 
R W T Key lbw  b Brown off-balance to off-cutter 54 
E T Smith c Wagh b Trott skied clip to deep mid-wicket 213 
A Symonds c  b Wagh checked drive to bowler 88 
M J Walker  c Piper b Trott gloved in-swinger 121 
G O Jones c Piper b Trott followed away-swinger 0 
M A Ealham c Piper b Trott edged back-foot smear 30 
J C Tredwell lbw  b Trott pushed out at in-swinger 4 
R S Ferley c Piper b Trott snicked wide drive 4 
Amjad Khan lbw  b Trott yorked on boot 7 
M J Saggers not out    0 

Extras (b6 lb12  nb4  )  22 
Total (all out after 156.1 overs) 594 

Fall: 1-95 (2), 2-123 (1), 3-267(4), 4-534(5), 
5-534(6), 6-553(3), 7-570(8), 8-585(7), 9-593(10), 10-594(9) 

Bowling: Collymore 24 - 2 - 71 - 0; Carter 18 - 1 - 90 - 0; 
Richardson 26 - 4 - 87 - 1; Brown 24 - 6 - 80 - 1; 
Wagh 30 - 2 - 122 - 1; Bell 16 - 3 - 53 - 0; 
Trott 11. - 2 - 39 - 7; Troughton 7 - 0 - 34 - 0;

Bazza

International 12th Man
Hampshire need to beat Derby in the NCL today to ensure promotion. Derby are 84-3 in the 26th over at the moment. Mascarenhas bowled a good spell:

9-2-24-2

:)

Rich2001

International Captain
It's quite funny to go back to the first posts and see just how close some of your predictions were, all I can say is don't give up your day job just yet :saint:

Chris

Relegated Essex, Kent, Nottinghamshire - Bar Kent not bad

Division two

Champions: Yorkshire - Close but not quite
Promoted: Worcester (I would say that) Somerset - Well you were right to back your boys
Bottom county: Northamptonshire - LOL

National League Division 1 : Worcestershire - LOL
Relegated: Essex,Leicestershire,Kent - Kent again, gezz close though

Division 2 Champions: Hampshire - Not a bad call
Promoted: Somerset, Durham - Durham nearly saved you here

Bottom Club: Scotland - I guess everyone thought this

C+G Trophy: Surrey - Derby spoiled the party
twenty20 cup: Leicestershire - Got to the finals but were out of their depth their

Marc

County Championship Winners: Warwickshire - That nearly surprised me ;) - nah good start but fell away
Relegated : Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Essex - Take a bow Marc

Division two

Champions: Somerset - Opps
Promoted: Yorkshire, Derbyshire - Well should we skip D2 now?
Bottom county: Durham - Oh well

National League Division 1 : Glamorgan Struggled to copy last season's efforts
Relegated: Essex,Worcestershire,Surrey - Well Well not a bad shout here, but commom was you pulling our leg with Surey

Division 2 Champions: Hampshire - I fancied them as well, but a bad season
Promoted: Nottinghamshire, Lancashire - Well 50% isn't bad ;)

Bottom Club: Scotland (if they play) - Early season blast, prvented this

C+G Trophy: Gloucestershire - Oh your good :D

twenty20 cup: Middlesex - Good players just didn't perform

Last edited:

Rich2001

International Captain
Re: Re: Re: English Cricket season

chris.hinton said:
Worcester to go down come on mate:)

Our best xi will win the National League

Singh
Solanki
Hick
Smith
Kadeer Ali
Hall
Batty
Rhodes
Leatherdale
Kabir Ali
Hayward

Plus Harrity, Peters, Pipe, Liptrot
Sorry I just had to bring this one up - Any Comments?

Rich2001

International Captain
Kent v Warwickshire : (National Cricket League - Division One) from Canterbury
Kent 254 - 6

Surrey v Leicestershire : (National Cricket League - Division One) from The AMP Oval

Leicestershire 283 - 9overs completed

Oh dear :( - Common bowlers you can Warwicks out for under 260 for the 3rd time this week (and you have Murali this time)

If not... Rain, Rain, Rain and more Rain PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Surrey all out for 115 - Thorpe retired hurt (8) with back trouble :O - Dagnall 3/21, DeFreitas 5/40

Warwickshire skittled for 163 - Muralitharan 0/26

Worcs 213, Essex 217/6 - same old, same old - Kabir slogs his way to 92 at 3 for Worcs but then gets carted for 53 off 8 as Will Jefferson (74) leads Essex home

Yorks 213/7, Glos 214/7 - Martyn Ball 5/33 responded to with Neil Thornicroft's 5/42 but at 37/4, Alex Gidman (48) and Matt Windows (91*) saw Glos home.

Derby 172/7, Hants 163 - dismal runchase as 143/3 becomes 163ao. Mohammad Ali's economy is under 3.00 for possibly the first time ever.

(30 over) Middx 112/9, Durham - 115/1 - As bad as it sounds, and should have been worse once Shoaib (4/21) and Neil Killeen (3/16) made it 27/7. 80 between Ben Hutton (43*) and Chad Keegan (36) saved face but Durham needed just 94 balls.

Northants 240, Lancs 243/1 - run-a-ball ton from Jaques not enough to hold off a Lightning cruise and win with 50 balls to spare as Northants lose their second title decider of the week.

Somerset 377/9, Sussex 186 - highest ever "sunday league" total led by Blackwell's 111 (56b, 51m, 13x4, 5x6) and Johnson's 29* (16m, 15b, 1x4, 3x6) at the tail to beat Surrey's record of 375-4 set nine years ago at Scarborough. Dutch 4/34 and Blackwell 3/57 as the County Champions never got close

Rich2001

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Warwickshire skittled for 163 - Muralitharan 0/26
Yep I must say we have had a terible season and TBH would have had no real complaints if we had gone down, any team that can't get more than two wins in a row doesn't dervese much!

On a brighter note it was certianly a nicer feeling that we earnt the victory today rather than Warwicks turning up with a bunch of 2nd X1 players who nobody has ever heard of (However I wouldn't have complained either ;) )

And listing to the whole match on the radio I would like to wish Muralitharan all the best it was great to have a overseas player that played for the love of the game and always wantted the ball in his direction, than half the overseas players that just turn up for the money. And athough he had half the Warwicks batsman in a knot he couldn't quite get through (although he did drop a C&B chance) - Meanwhile others in the feild just seemed to be going through the motions, just waiting for the wicket to fall rather than going for the wicket.

I expect a much better return for Kent next season, on their day this season they were simply outstanding and when they weren't outstanding they were simply awfull never anything in between - Mind you a couple of results that just slipped through could have made things so much different - Chasing 320ish vs Surrey we got to 317 and the other week a tie with Essex when the match was won, could have seen us in 3rd place rather than fighting for our lives on the last day (not to menetion other results that with the confidence we would have got as well)

Thankfully in a interview the top dogs at Kent have said they don't expect much to change as the body of the side is looking very heathly when in form, however as always a few changes are always likly.

Here's looking forward to Division 1 cricket in both forms again :D

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
I wonder how many Sussex players have been celebrating since Friday?!
Probley most, but they have been terible in One Day games all season so it's only fair they should break a whole host of records in one go! ;)

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Ian Blackwell. Well, what can I say? His last fifty came in 18 balls!!

Why can't Somerset play like that for the whole season, not just the beginning and end? :!( :(