• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ricky Ponting series failure?

deira

Banned
I think this is the first time in many many years Ricky Ponting has had a bad test series, when was the last time Ponting failed to score many runs in a series? I know there is still one test to go but still.:laugh:

sideshowtim

Banned
Why is it funny?

The thing is, he's not looking in poor form for mine. He's not batting poorly at all, he's looking good and getting out...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why is it funny?

The thing is, he's not looking in poor form for mine. He's not batting poorly at all, he's looking good and getting out...
In this test; yes.

In the first two, I actually think he looked rather ordinary while he was out there. Good signs for 4th test I suppose as he's getting back into some sort of form. Harbhajan might be playing though. :p

Craig

World Traveller
Wanted to get in before it gets shut and told to go to the tour thread.

Wait to Adelaide and if he doesn't get much there, then yes.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wanted to get in before it gets shut and told to go to the tour thread.

Wait to Adelaide and if he doesn't get much there, then yes.
Actually, I have no problem with it being a separate thread. It's borderline, but I think it's okay. He asked about previous series.

sideshowtim

Banned
In this test; yes.

In the first two, I actually think he looked rather ordinary while he was out there. Good signs for 4th test I suppose as he's getting back into some sort of form. Harbhajan might be playing though. :p
He looked sublime in his 55 at Sydney.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think this is the first time in many many years Ricky Ponting has had a bad test series, when was the last time Ponting failed to score many runs in a series? I know there is still one test to go but still.:laugh:
Cheers for jinxing it.

Matt79

Global Moderator
He's in a slump by his lofty standards, although I thought he was batting very well today - I challenge any right-handed batsman to have lasted longer against that spell from Sharma.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Ponting doesn't have form slumps, 's just missed out a few times :p He'll be back soon enough. I've quite liked his quiet patch though, makes a nice change.

JBH001

International Regular
He looked good today. And, imo, any other right hander in the world today would have gotten out to Sharma earlier on in his spell. I would confidently say he is due to ton up in Adelaide (like he did in 2003) but for the fact that Harbhajan will probably return for that test :ph34r: .

In any case, its a little premature to talk about series failures with one test left to go.

(Tendulkar, for example, had a good series in 2003 based solely on his performance in one test)